Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
d12

Running the bot in a vm (and some stupid problems xD)

Hey, ive got Windows 8 and i try to use POE on Hyper-V (internal VM of W8)

I looking on google and ive got the same problem like a lot of guys using Hyper-V,

we can't start game, because direct3D is not supported by virtual graphic card on hyper-V

If any resolve this trouble, im here for try. :)

Thx

Try installing VMware, like I suggested on the first page of this topic.

When you have the Vm installed with win7. install vmware tools, that will give you 3d drivers

if it has the same ip and ur bot gets caught they might ban ur main too...

If GGG cought you botting, I think your main account, which logged in from the same IP, should be safe

if both accounts didn't interact with each other ingame for example mule currency items form bot account to main account.

and I don't think that GGG will IP ban you because,

.) many people get an dynamic IP adress from their ISP which changes everday.

.) if you live for example in dormitories, or in a living community (

just my humble opinion on this topic.

I hope my english is not that bad and you get what i want to say.

so long

Enecos

I'm pretty sure they check your Mac Address...most of the game providers talk about IPs in front but i think they monitor everything with Mac addresses....that would be dumb to deal with IPs right now since 90% of the players have at least ADSL which mostly uses dynamic addresses.....while a mac address can't be changed (unless your have a proxy which sends its mac address instead of your).

I wouldn't use my main acc on the same Mac :)

And idk if even using a VM makes your main acc safe cuz they might check your internet router's mac...

Dunno... :)

A virtual machine will allways have a different MAC than it's host. Otherwise you would get a MAC conflict. So in theory your main account should be safe

@ zantetsu

if hyper v doesnt support d3d u cant help it.

try vm ware. but as it seems its not that easy aswell xD

@ all

trying virtual box atm. maybe its working better.

got some d3d problems still, but ill post here if i got it running xD

d12

@3raser

didnt u say a few days ago that u were running bot and main account in vm and non vm parallel?

when u were answering my first question in this thread.

so why u got the crappy client problem aswell now?

d12

@3raser

didnt u say a few days ago that u were running bot and main account in vm and non vm parallel?

when u were answering my first question in this thread.

so why u got the crappy client problem aswell now?

d12

I have it running on VMware, but with flickering brightness problems. but it works. i am playing on my real account on my real machine.

strange.

same for me, but client is crashing if i start the bot.

always crashing after it finished loading the city area.

just a question?

where is the problem with the flickering if the bot is still running? xD

d12

PS: if someone knows a solution to this problem pls tell us ;)

(setting up another windows vm atm to try again xD (aero design works. so the drivers itself are running in the vm alrdy))

hey guys,

installed a new vm with vmware. win7 32bit sp1.

game is flickering a bit while gaming on intel hd 3000 grafics in 800x600 minimal grafics.

strange: if i let it run with my nvidia 540m it seems to have alot less power than with the intel in the vm.

but still: if i start the bot and the character logs in automatically to the city area the client crashes.

seems to be a bot problem. but not sure. might just occure on bad grafics power pcs xD.

since i guess the grafics performance in the vm isnt 100% from outside the vm. and an intel hd 3000 isnt rly powerful at all.

also if i start the bot, it seems to use 1 core completly in idle mode (guess its the same when running).

dont u you guys use some kind of thread yields to drop the cpu usage of the bot? (even a 1-10ms yield changes the cpu usage drastically)

^ just an idea. maybe you guys got a reason for not doing it xD

hope someone comes up with an answer soon. got no ideas left what to do ;)

urs

d12

LOOOOOL i failed hard.

the crashing problem solved since i forgot to install directX...

sry for all those posts. my own dumbness.

(just didnt think of installing it since most of the time it just gets installed kinda passive if a game needs it)

game still flickering, but running xD

d12

EDIT:

if the bot is logging out cause of less hp. its closing the client accidently.

somehow able to prevent this?

EDIT2:

if the bot automatically restarts the instance counter gets reset. so the bot will go through all instances again but doesnt start to run.

haha d12 :)

I search some for my prob on hyper-V with W8 in google. For multi Botting

If any want use Hyper-V with W8, you must enable remoteFX option on host for extended your direct3D on virtual machine.

Normaly work on W8 pro, but on fact he work only on windows 2008 server....

Then for the moment i cant try on w2008 server, and im sad ... :)

D12, maby have an issu for your trouble with your VM stability. If i understand your prob, you have a medium grpahic card ^^

Some month ago i find nice tool on ownedcore, some guys says her fps is doubled but i cant confirm this, i use this multihack only for maphack. But i think this tools got one option for reduce effect ongame.

I let you see on this url : http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/pat ... cloud.html

I dl this .7z a few month ago then if its not still available, i can sent you my .rar

hf lmk if you have question

hey zantetsu,

thx for the link.

but i got my problem fixed. the graphics arent perfect, bot good enough to bot ;)

the hyperV thingy might be interesting to someone else who wanted to use it.

but as it seemed it isnt supporting 3d acc.

(only what ppl told me. never used it since i didnt upgrade to w8 yet.)

d12

Been reading your topic here d12 as im also new to the virtual machine(vmware player) and botting while using that software.

I got my stuff working at first try, but still wasnt satisfied so i looked for a way to optimize the VM and found a youtube video explaining how to make windows eat less memory/work better in the virtual machine.

Here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZK03c0Wfw

Maybe you already seen it or know it but still helped me set things up and i hope it will help others trying to set it up aswell.

hey,

thx for the video link. didnt try it yet but should help alot what i have seen so far.

d12

Been reading your topic here d12 as im also new to the virtual machine(vmware player) and botting while using that software.

I got my stuff working at first try, but still wasnt satisfied so i looked for a way to optimize the VM and found a youtube video explaining how to make windows eat less memory/work better in the virtual machine.

Here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZK03c0Wfw

Maybe you already seen it or know it but still helped me set things up and i hope it will help others trying to set it up aswell.

I usually follow that - it also deactivates additional services that are not required: http://www.computingunleashed.com/speed ... de-to.html

How many cpu / memory do you save using both ?

An interesting thing would be to create a generic Virtual Machine for all the users of the bot...

Just been thinking about it, it's something i could try to do....with .net framework and all the required shits pre-installed, could save everyone a lot of time...

Yeah, been also thinking about it... but then the image would be several gigabytes.... windows 7 is huge.... then you also have to consider if you want to already download all updates... since you're going to use it for bot-only, I think the updates aren't that necessary.

Ya, just using a light windows 7 version + necessary updates...should do the work.

The problem on my side is i don't have optic fiber so it's going to be hard to upload this virtual machine, i'll try anyway...see if it's possible :P

I recommend this version of lite windows 7 ultimate (about 600 mb size!, 1,2gb after install)): http://pirateproxy.net/torrent/7317548/ ... _v1_by_nil

I was using it for my VMs botting in diablo 3. PoE runs ok with that too (but still brightness problems are present, but its not concern for bot).

Just remember to assign 2 cores to every VM, because using only one core will cause fps drop and slower farming and overall performance. And about 2.5 GB of ram (for fast reloads of game). Dedicated SSD also recommended (i'm usign ocz vertex 4 120gb fo botting vms).

so if i understand this correct, if i got 8 core processor, i will only be able to run normal windos + 3 VM? is that correct?

Nor really. I am surprised that Path of Exile eats more resources than Diablo 3.

Year ago i was able to run 4 VMs with 2 cores each and 2,5gb of memory botting Diablo 3. It resulted in 100% CPU usage on all cores (i have AMD 3.4 ghz 4 core processor) and i wasnt able to do anything more on my comp (if i wanted to play WoW, then i have to power off 2 VMs).

Now i am running 2 VMs (those are the same VMs i was using for D3 botting) and my CPU usage is 100% on all cores. But my host computer is working ok. I guess the PoE eats all you can give him - no max fps hard limit etc.

If you have some kind of Intel i7 then you can run 5-6 VMs without any problems. AMD processors suck so much at virtualization :/

So to answer you: try to run as many as you can ;)

I have an Overclocked i7 from 3.4Ghz to 4.5Ghz, you won't run 5-6 VMs :)

A simple answer is : Windows isn't Linux...it has bugs and emulating 6 operating system cores at the same time is just impossible...at least on my OS...i should reset all this shit i know but haven't the time for it.

Btw, if you can run 3 VMs without any crash, be happy. :)

Just to let you guys know what my config is...

CPU : i7 3.4Ghz OC'ed to 4.5Ghz

CPU fan : Noctua NHD-14

GPU : Crossfire ATI 6950 flashed into 6970

Memory : 16Go

Mother board : MSI Bigbang Marshall B3

Storage : 1To 7200 rpm + 128 Go SSD

Instability isn't caused by the heat...my CPU was at 60°C after a 24 hours OCCT Full burning test.

I can run the bot in physical pc,but can't in the vm(win7 64bit,2 cores,4G ram).

When I put F12,the client crush and an error window jump out,like the attachment.

post-250-138501023562.jpg

check if u installed directX runtime in the vm.

.net components should be installed via the windows update.

d12

Yes,I have tried to install directx and .net Framework 4 Client Profile&Extended.

I can play POE in vm,the game client works well.

But when I run the bot,the error windows happened.:(

The bot in the phisical works fine.

Should I install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable in VM?I have installed version 2008.

Yes,I have tried to install directx and .net Framework 4 Client Profile&Extended.

did u just try it, or did u succeed?

and i guess u did that in the vm.

not sure about ur other question. just install the windows updates in the vm. this should give u anything important.

only latest directx has to be installed then.

d12

Sign in to follow this