Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
d12

Running the bot in a vm (and some stupid problems xD)

hey guys,

im new to this bot and it seems to got potential.

Cant rly say if its going to be good or not since its still alpha.

But its doing its job quite good yet.

my questions might seem a bit dumb, but im bad with those internet things and never used a vm ware longer than a few minutes xD

so:

1. i saw the d3 bots running in a vm ware. is it rly possible to bot with multiple clients/vm wares on one pc at a time?

or is this video somehow modified?

2. is it possible to run the bot and client in a vm ware on a nub account and play on the regular system with the main account?

so does a vm ware have a different ip adress and does the vm ware have a "different mouse to use" xD

3. is 2. is possible, is it also possible to minimize the vm ware while botting?

hope those questions arent too dumb and someone can answer them.

yours D12

Yesterday i was botting with 2nd account in a vm while playing my main account on my pc, so it is possible. i set the VM to bridge nat.

hey,

thx for the fast answer. and those are good news xD

is it also save to play with the vm crap account AND the main account?

incase they ban my crap account can they see the other account aswell?

and to the vm. which vm program is good? and free ;P

i know ppl hate it if ppl ask for free nice programs. but im a poor student ;)

urs

D12

well, save... nothing is ever really save. there will be a time that GGG will ban ppl for cheating.

I can't say if they will ban linked accounts as well, but if you set your VM properly they should not be able to connect it to your main account.

my tip is to also play the crappy account for real once in a while. that way it will look more genuine.

for a good VM: http://www.vmware.com/download/player/download.html

or when using windows, get windows virtual pc

hey,

thx again for ur help.

since im using windows and u said i should use virtual pc instead of vmware i decided to get some comparision.

after a quick view it rly looked like that nearly everyone is using vm ware. no clue why, but has to be a reason for that xD

also chip rating is ALOT better on vm ware than for virual pc (and yes i know there are alot of dombasses at chip ;). but still it is about 50:50 for virtual pc and about 90:10 for vm ware).

so ill go for vm ware. since at the short look i had it also goes for non ms operating systems.

probably no time today to set it up. but ill come back here if i got more problems ;)

EDIT: ur link seems to be a bit outdated. its offering version 2.5.x but there is 5.x available alrdy. here the link i just found.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/5_0

urs

D12

win7 64bit

and the download says its for 32 and 64 bit versions of windows.

shouldnt be a problem.

hey,

yes i alrdy redownloaded it.

found a small fix to this problem which said to just delete the whole temp folder.

obviously this didnt work lol

and yes i downloaded it to the desktop lol ;)

im not a total dumbass i just never used a vm thats why i was asking all those stupid questions.

there was another solution with deleting something in the regestry. will try this later. (didnt want to do this hurrying around xD)

otherwise ill just go for cirtual pc.

should be enough for my current purposes.

new laptop comin anyways sooner or later xD

^question here: did anyone try to run poe on a haswell integrated grafics successfully without lags? ;)

keep trying it and thx for ur fast answers.

urs

d12

PS: is there alrdy a date for the bot working on 0.11.1x patch?

hey,

ye thx for the bot update. seems to work rly nice compared to the previous version.

but it still seems to relog for some reason. after about 2-3minutes.

it wasnt caused by low hp or instance time limit and also not by no monster killed timer.

and it often doesnt start to walk after joining an instance.

just waits for the no monster killed timer and starts a new instance then (this is working fine ;))

and somehow it stopped after a bit. in the area selection window. seems like the bot was working fine, but the poe client couldnt handle the fast clicks ;)

couldnt even manually join the area anymore. the area selection window just got bugged somehow. i guess its caused by fast clicks.

the pickup on alt is rly nice. also not atking an item label anymore ;)

a question here. do gems get highlighted for a few seconds like scrolls and orbs do? if i got show items only on button press?

since if they dont i guess they dont get picked up if the "show items on key down" is enabled.

to my vm ware problem. seems to be a windows installer problem. ill try to fix that somehow.

EDIT2: after a bit more searching it seems to be an avast problem. they classify the vmware service as malware.

as it seems this is only preventable by uninstalling avast, install vmware and install avast again...

urs d12

EDIT: would be nice to have some loot unique option aswell ;)

hey guys,

since this vmware shit made me crazy i just installed virtual pc now.

worked so far quite fine. just installing poe on it atm.

my question:

if i use some "my ip" website it shows me the same ip on both (real windows and vm windows).

in my eyes this isnt what i want since i cant play bot and main accounts at the same time like this.

ggg will kick me quite fast like this i guess.

so is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem?

urs

d12

ofc u can do that. but i wanna play bot and main at the same time.

if it has the same ip and ur bot gets caught they might ban ur main too...

btw. virtual pc isnt an option. doesnt support 3d grafics...

going to uninstall avast, install vmware, install avast again and hope it works fine so far xD

urs

d12

One of the possible solutions is :

Launch the bot into a VM, and use a proxy service on this VM, so all the packets are redirected by this proxy to GGG servers...so you don't have the same ip as your main acc. ;)

thx for the info,

guess ill use my university vpn access for the bot ;)

as i understood the proxy/vpn difference this might be even better. atleast not worse xD

urs

d12

If GGG cought you botting, I think your main account, which logged in from the same IP, should be safe

if both accounts didn't interact with each other ingame for example mule currency items form bot account to main account.

and I don't think that GGG will IP ban you because,

.) many people get an dynamic IP adress from their ISP which changes everday.

.) if you live for example in dormitories, or in a living community (

just my humble opinion on this topic.

I hope my english is not that bad and you get what i want to say.

so long

Enecos

If GGG cought you botting, I think your main account, which logged in from the same IP, should be safe

if both accounts didn't interact with each other ingame for example mule currency items form bot account to main account.

and I don't think that GGG will IP ban you because,

.) many people get an dynamic IP adress from their ISP which changes everday.

.) if you live for example in dormitories, or in a living community (<-- don't know if this is the right english word) many people will share an IP adress.

just my humble opinion on this topic.

I hope my english is not that bad and you get what i want to say.

so long

Enecos

I'm pretty sure they check your Mac Address...most of the game providers talk about IPs in front but i think they monitor everything with Mac addresses....that would be dumb to deal with IPs right now since 90% of the players have at least ADSL which mostly uses dynamic addresses.....while a mac address can't be changed (unless your have a proxy which sends its mac address instead of your).

I wouldn't use my main acc on the same Mac :)

And idk if even using a VM makes your main acc safe cuz they might check your internet router's mac...

Dunno... :)

true story.

i was also always just thinking why dont they check the mac adress in games.

but i never saw anything which might proove that they rly use mac adress checks.

no clue why. but it rly seems like theyr not doing it.

d12

EIDT:

whats ur idea then?

bot on vm and main on normal os, but not at the same time online?

EDIT2:

router mac is rly crap. would against the main idea of a router lol.

would say only one account per internet access point xD

EDIT3:

the mac address is different for virtual adapters ;)

just checked that

hey,

if i run the poe in vmware it is somehow bad contrast xD

some kind of negative colors most of the time. this might cause any problems with the bot?

or is this problem fixable? ;)

EDIT: some filtering problem. bit better with filtering options.

but does this affect the bot?

EDIT2: after trying a bit more it seems like its a 3d acceleration problem with vmware and bot crashes the client right after or short before entering the area after logging in. any ideas? ;)

d12

hey,

if i run the poe in vmware it is somehow bad contrast xD

some kind of negative colors most of the time. this might cause any problems with the bot?

or is this problem fixable? ;)

EDIT: some filtering problem. bit better with filtering options.

but does this affect the bot?

EDIT2: after trying a bit more it seems like its a 3d acceleration problem with vmware and bot crashes the client right after or short before entering the area after logging in. any ideas? ;)

d12

I'm having the same problem. the screen is really bright and only becomes "good" when i hoover my mouse over an item. I have not been able to find a fix

Hey, ive got Windows 8 and i try to use POE on Hyper-V (internal VM of W8)

I looking on google and ive got the same problem like a lot of guys using Hyper-V,

we can't start game, because direct3D is not supported by virtual graphic card on hyper-V

If any resolve this trouble, im here for try. :)

Thx

Sign in to follow this