Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
d12

Running the bot in a vm (and some stupid problems xD)

I've had the same issue with my VM.. The client worked fine, but when i started the bot, it crashed.

With the same config on my real machine everything runs without a problem. Tried several ways, didn't get a solution.

The only machine that worked for me is the Image BloodyBeast uploaded in the Elite Forum. But I had to change everything in that, relating to driver errors. It is running now without a big crash, but the client-window often closes and has to be reopened by the bot, so I mostly run the bot on my real machine.

You can try my VM.

1) Get Bittorrent Sync: http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

2) Create a new directory to share with this key:

BEQN3AQOAV4M6VO5XFEKKZF2NUDJILQPO
--> it should then auto-dl the zip file.

Once you have it download, extract it and setup a vm with this image; below I list my settings:

Memory: 4GB

Processors: 2

Hyperthreading: 2

(a total of 4 process... my host only has 2 cores with 2 hyperthreads per core and I set both VMs to use them all)

CD/DVD: Auto detect

Network Adapter: NAT

USB Controller: Present

Sound Card: Auto detect

Display: Auto detect

A few things for the VM:

- I used Windows Home; more specifically this one here: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5821945/ ... ic_(32_Bit)_x86_(September_2010) and also used their activation tool

- Since i wanted to minimize Disk Usage and stuff, I disabled hiberpagefil.sys (or whatever that name is).

- I also set the Paging file to a static 1000MB (Start -> Right-Click Computer -> Manage -> Advanced -> Performance -> Advanced -> Virtual Memory) - I'm pretty sure you could lower the ram assigned to the vm but I have plenty of it so that's fine. Also having it on SSD I don't need that much paging I think

- I also disabled a lot of services - that's the list I used: http://www.computingunleashed.com/list- ... t-can.html (if you can disable more services, hit me up)

- I set the VM to not update security files and stuff - rationale: since this is for botting only, I prefer to have it small. Security is not really an issue here since all is NATed (behind home router) and only PoE installed

- Direct X and .Net Framework 4.5 are already installed

- On the Desktop you have the PoE Installer and Bot 0.6d as well as EBG gui

- Also you have CCleaner installed on the Desktop

The ZIP file is only 3 GB, unzipped it's like 7GB and with PoE installed, it's like 13Gb... however after running the bot for a while, VMWare starts to use the full 20GB diskspace... this can be set back again when the VM is shut down and in VMWare Workstation, right-click -> manage -> Clean Up Disks

since noone answered yet to this and i guess thats the problem since i had this aswell:

did u guys MANUALLY install the directX runtime on ur vm?

d12

since noone answered yet to this and i guess thats the problem since i had this aswell:

did u guys MANUALLY install the directX runtime on ur vm?

d12

Must intall the directX runtime,not just directX.

Now my bot works in VM,thx d12.:)

But unfortunately,the game client updated,the bot can't use now.

@christiant

thats why i wrote "directX runtime"...

@all

we would save alot of time and problems if u guys would read the whole thread and not just the last few posts ;P

had the same problem (due to thinking directX gets installed automatically which it does for most games thats why i missed it in the vm)

d12

Hmm, interesting idea i guess...if we can make PoE work on a windows XP VM, we'll get rid of those flickering problems maybe?

Will check this asap !

not sure if this helps against flickering (seems to be the driver integration into the vm), but os wouldnt waste so much ram which makes is possible to set up more vms at the same time.

or atleast less problems to set up more vms ;)

i would have tried an xp vm alrdy but cant find an xp version to download...

d12

thx for the links.

quite hard to find an actual download which is working without registration or other probelms.

but made it xD

takes a few hours, but going to sleep anyways ;P

d12

I'm setting up VM wares for first time, how does it work exactly. I created a new VM and installed POE the bot and windows updated a few times. When I launch POE it does nothing.

And once I have one VM setup I can copy it 2 more times?

hopefully u were watching some kind of video tutorial to set up ur vm.

u should be fine if u did it.

on vm ware u need to install vm ware tools. (go for a video to find out how. too strange to explain via text)

actually INSTALL poe client. NOT copy paste from ur host system. just download and install it on the vm.

copying might work aswell. but brings problems with it probably.

if u say "nothin" on poe client launch. what exactly do u mean? since "nothin" at all seems to be quite unlikely.

d12

got it working after a few hours of tinkering. Seems bot is laggy buggy. I can't get auras to work and had to set chicken to 40% because when dead it idles.

got it working after a few hours of tinkering. Seems bot is laggy buggy. I can't get auras to work and had to set chicken to 40% because when dead it idles.

What amount of ram are you dedicating to the Vm? What are your pc specs? Aura's have been working perfect for me. Run in window mode and see if that helps.

Pretty sure you didn't enable intel virtualization on your mother board and on your VM.

As for your ressources i'd recommand you to give your VM at least : 2 cores and 2Go ram.

2gb ram seems to be ok, but the vm is kinda using any cpu power u give...

4 cores in vm and all in heavy use...

hey,

if i run the poe in vmware it is somehow bad contrast xD

some kind of negative colors most of the time. this might cause any problems with the bot?

or is this problem fixable? ;)

EDIT: some filtering problem. bit better with filtering options.

but does this affect the bot?

EDIT2: after trying a bit more it seems like its a 3d acceleration problem with vmware and bot crashes the client right after or short before entering the area after logging in. any ideas? ;)

d12

I'm having the same problem. the screen is really bright and only becomes "good" when i hoover my mouse over an item. I have not been able to find a fix

same problem here. screen is super bright.

one way to fix this is to press F1 which opens the netstats overlay ingame.

of course this disappears next time you relog.

anyone fix this?

it matters because the GUI aura-caster that shrek built is based on looking at the screen pixel colors.

so it doesnt work.

hopefully they will build-in aura casting and buff casting into the next few versions, that actually casts auras based on memory reading and not screen pixel reading. theres always been so many problems with this on shreks GUI.

so right now if i run in vm i get no auras. which is really bad.

hey guys,

this super bright shit thingy seems not to appear that hard if ur using windows aero theme.

anyways. for using the official bot ONLY the super bright screen doesnt matter.

for the "extensions" ppl made it might cause some problems. im not sure about those, since im not using those extensions.

(the less bot functions the more tricky the botter has to be ;P)

d12

it matters because the GUI aura-caster that shrek built is based on looking at the screen pixel colors.

so it doesnt work.

hopefully they will build-in aura casting and buff casting into the next few versions, that actually casts auras based on memory reading and not screen pixel reading. theres always been so many problems with this on shreks GUI.

so right now if i run in vm i get no auras. which is really bad.

you are wrong with this one - it's working also with superbright VMs.

It's not working for you because of your DPI settings, which is fixed in an internal version already.

Sign in to follow this