Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store

Hi guys,

I'm wondering which spot is better for drop rate between Library and Catacombs ?

I expect having answer from people who deeply tested the two spots and give their feedback in terms of statistics ?

Better rate of orbs, Uniques, Exp, global ?

Answers will be very useful to optimize drop rate of people like me who wonder about that ! 

Thanks ! 

Been doing this since September my 3 bots in standard is lvl 98. My bots have 100+IIQ and invested minimum 20 ex per bot they all have a set of legacy BoR and 100+IIQ self crafted rare items. They are probably worth alot more gear wise theese days because of nerfs.

I have tested Docks, Library and Catacombs very hard and looked at the bot for many hours per day. Only thing that screws with optimal farming is the back & forth bug when bot runs in a loop wasting time.

Been running 24/7 for several months

1: Docks is the winner of currency not in pure exalts but in finding 6 socket items for jewelers orbs to convert to fuses then to Exalts = Very Profitable. Btw Got banned on two accounts for 24/7 In Docks not 100 % sure if it's relevant though, since then i've been switching between docks & library without problems.

2: Library is the winner of uniques because of the mini boss and pure exalts by enabling loot chests to make up for the lack of mob density. Library most XP of all 3 zones. Decent Currency I tend to find alot of BoR's and goodies there.

Docks always had double amount of jewelers orbs compared to Library bots.

3. Catacombs Spiders crawling up from sides, bot waits for them to come up waste of time there. Getting more stuck on urns then in Library because Catacombs has more Urns + having 100% Explore on to get a chance to open a "Large Chest" even more waste of time and crap XP compared to Library. Not even near as many 6socket drops as Library.

As for Strongboxes in ambush at the moment the only place I enable chest is The Forest & City of Sarn wich is great for getting some items to get strong enough for  act 3 merciless. Bot uses alot of time to get the loot from strongboxes at the moment so I disable chest for act 3 merciless until I have the gear to manage them.

Important stuff for bot characters: Movement Speed, Movement Skill, High DPS (20k+ for Library) & Survivability and 1 Main skill that rapes everything in it's path.

My research my opinion.

Alot of people will tell you Catacombs is best your choice who you will listen to, it's pretty easy just gear up and try urself.

Catacombs probably a good choice in Ambush league at the moment until you can do Library. (Chance to get better rares and uniques to advance in the league and gear up the bots)

Edited by beikenmule
  • Upvote 2

beiken analysis is spot on, have made the same expierence more or less.

the amount of 6 sox items in docks is sometimes ridiculous, lol

in terms of difficulty its probably docks < cata < lib

Edited by stef

Catacombs and Library have both same area level, so no difference of what can drop. However the crit cold casters in the library are nasty. Catacombs also require cold resis but there aren't that powerful critters.

So I'd run Catacombs - becuase better stuff can drop - until you can run library. Purity of Ice helps a lot in either zone.

catacombs = library > docks (from my experience - difference is not extremely big , mostly depends on builds and killspeed, also there are no zones which are with huge advance better then others )

I ran the LIbrary for a few months on one character and never got a BoR..

I started a another new char during domination and he got 2 of them within 2 days doing library.

I ran the LIbrary for a few months on one character and never got a BoR..

I started a another new char during domination and he got 2 of them within 2 days doing library.

its luck, rng ...

1/6 bots got in 2 days about 40 ex in uniques, but no one was high valued(items with worth 1-2 ex). just luck and unluck

Characters at Level 68+ will get a penalty of 10% less currency drops in the Docks. As for BoR, you need the Nightmare Basinet to drop but I'm not sure of the minimum Itemlevel it needs for it to be a unique drop from a monster. But it is more likely to drop in the Library and higher since the Nightmare Basinet is a Level 67 equipped item.

the large chests don't spawn in cata on ambush/invasion, which would make it the bottom of my list as well. I feel like u do get more pure currency in docks, and better items in library. it would be between those two in my opinion. I had a bunch of old maps, so I had my both cycling thru 66-71s, but some times it makes up its mind that it doesn't want to map lol