Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
alkpone

Recent Server Attack

Hey all,

As you could see, during the last 3 days, server was very unstable and constantly attacked.
We are very sorry about it and you can be sure that we are spending every single minute of our time to improve the situation.

Moreover, we think that we owe you some explanations about what happened with Alex aka Bloodybeast.

Long story short, BloodyBeast joined us back in april to help us with c++ and reverse engineering. And since then he has only been doing community management. His work was very good but he hasn't done any c++ or reverse engineering. While the rest of us were developing the Exiled Bot and spending 20 hours per day on it, he was just spending average 2 hours max per day on managing the forum, not even every day.

We did not have a problem with him partying hard and not helping us with code until the day he blackmailed us asking for 50% of the community's donations, or he would take our servers down. Naturally, we could not accept and here he is, attacking us like a dog.

For the little story about his incompetence, we asked him to do the backup script 6 months back. He has not done it until now. It took me just one afternoon last Friday to do it, which saved us from loosing all the forum's data. How can you trust a guy that can't manage to make a single database backup script in 6 months ??

$30/hour was what we were giving him for the easy tasks he had. And he got greedier..

Anyhow, I thought it was important to update you on what was going on because we care a lot about the community and about delivering high quality service. We have almost not slept for the past 3 days trying to fix the situation and all should go back to normal very soon!

As way of apology, when the situation is completely fixed, we would like to offer every backer a free 10 days license activable at any time.

We will keep you posted! 
The Exiled Bot Team

Ye, that's quite an extrodinary deal he got there.. 

Hope the problems are gone now though so we won't see more of either him nor the closure of forums!

what about the auth server???

i still cannot use my elite features...

when i activate them i get the "unlocked!" message but it doesn't work

right now maybe you can move current server to other vps/dedicated server and look for other forum apps (free), i belive alot of ppl here can help you move old forum posting content into new one. 

other suggestion

#stop giving trial access (max lv 45) and make it pay2use

#more secure auth since current auth quite easy to crack 

#auto updater

p/s: https://www.digitalocean.com offer cheap and come with ssd you might want to look up

Edited by NajibHassan

I lost a lot of money, because of this drama. But i know that type of people, what causing problem like these, so i understand.

I'm hoping you will improve your security & stability. Don't dissapoint community!

I'll take 30/hour for C++ programming. 

Not because I want to party on the job, but because 30/hour is pretty decent for contracting over the internet. I live in the states and it's a decent rate. Anyhow..

I can't believe he'd just sit on the forums but I almost believe it. I would see him in the ShoutBox like.. Constantly.

You can always resort to CloudFlare if DDOS is happening. 

Edited by Fayt

I lost a lot of money, because of this drama. But i know that type of people, what causing problem like these, so i understand.

I'm hoping you will improve your security & stability. Don't dissapoint community!

this...

and now the forum is laggy again...

@alk: do whatever you have to do... but do it fast and reliable....

you made a lot of money out of this project, so please allow us to proceed OUR business.

this is not just "for fun" - money has been burned and no one here likes it...

i really don't understand how ONE person can crush a whole community. 

if soon bot is not usable people will leave, crack it , or use other bot.

why you dont put the fucking auth away? its better that everybody can use the bot for now then that the people who paid cant use it.

im seeing no sense letting authing this fucking shit 

if soon bot is not usable people will leave, crack it , or use other bot.

why you dont put the fucking auth away? its better that everybody can use the bot for now then that the people who paid cant use it.

im seeing no sense letting authing this fucking shit 

This tbh, it'll only be temp until issues are resolved, and once they are chances are a chunk of people who'd used it for free will end up buying it anyway.

I'm generally against people getting anything for nothing, I've made that point a few times on here when people were wanting the bot to be free. However, paying and not being able to use it correctly is far more annoying. I can't access the bot throughout the day, and not once this week has the auth server worked in the morning before I head out. I'm sure Alk is doing everything he can, but the fact of the matter is this is a pain in the ass and couldn't really come at a worse time with the league only starting last week :(

Guys, I totally understand your frustration and I'm feeling as frustrated as most of you atm.

If any of you think he has some knowledge that could help us resolving this issue quickly, please contact me!

Of course I'm doing anything I can with the knowledge I got about networking and server administration at the moment, and I'm being helped by one of the best brazilian security expert: Chronos.

Moreover, I'm already thinking about various way to compensate the community once it will be resolved.

I deleted the two posts to avoid flaming on this topic.

BTW, no I won't release the bot without auth system, because I don't want to grant this pleasure to BloodyBeast.

Now the website is working normally and is handling the attack.

If you have problem with auth server, I'll be very happy to discuss about it on another post.

Asking myself if I should close this topic or not..

Ok. Alkpone,

The previous Auth system was hardcoded in to the bot. That worked fine and didn't require Client -> Server Auth.

The offsets change often, and the bot needs updates. If you went back to the OLD method it would work fine until the servers were straightened out.

Just change the passphrase every subversion. It's not terribly hard to do considering you already have the code. You would just have to update the new phrase in the code itself and update the forum for that version w/ the new passphrase. 

I know that it can be reverse engineered but GGG will screw up the bot with a new client version before anyone can really use it. And you can move to a better secure auth when the bot is not in "beta". 

It just makes more sense to me man..

Well my opinion on the matter is that i don't really care what's happening right now, as long as the bot comes into function as soon as the developers can there is no need for a patch up that will only fill the hole for 2-3 days... i'd rather just wait those two three days.

Sure "money is lost" and "business is going down" as this is firrst week of the new leagues and the prices already dropped a little. But it's not like you wont be able to pay the rent because the bot is down. And if that's the case maybe you should rely your money on something less likely to be fucked over as a bot.

As the issue with Bloody. Hell i'd manage a forum for WAY less than that (and i've done it for free just to see a community grow). his move was something really douchey, i mean, asking for a raise? would be debatible but politically correct. Asking 50% of the earnings is just silly. Then trying to leave everyone out of the bussiness just because he got cutted off? even when he was doing nothing? I'd punch him in the face if i could, that's something one does not play with...

And please Alk, DO NOT use the old auth system, someone (let's call him bloodybeast for educational purposes) could just make a donation, get a premium and then give away the phassphrase to everyone in the internet just to prevent them from donating money...

Keep up the good work, we can wait until you guys sort things out. take your time so it's not a temporal fix, but a permanent one

Actually, once the Bot is started and registrered as "Elite" it seems the bot does not check anymore until next restart of the bot. So, just keep the VMs even when you're not botting and you should be fine also against occasional downtime.

Actually, once the Bot is started and registrered as "Elite" it seems the bot does not check anymore until next restart of the bot. So, just keep the VMs even when you're not botting and you should be fine also against occasional downtime.

Well my opinion on the matter is that i don't really care what's happening right now, as long as the bot comes into function as soon as the developers can there is no need for a patch up that will only fill the hole for 2-3 days... i'd rather just wait those two three days.

Sure "money is lost" and "business is going down" as this is firrst week of the new leagues and the prices already dropped a little. But it's not like you wont be able to pay the rent because the bot is down. And if that's the case maybe you should rely your money on something less likely to be fucked over as a bot.

As the issue with Bloody. Hell i'd manage a forum for WAY less than that (and i've done it for free just to see a community grow). his move was something really douchey, i mean, asking for a raise? would be debatible but politically correct. Asking 50% of the earnings is just silly. Then trying to leave everyone out of the bussiness just because he got cutted off? even when he was doing nothing? I'd punch him in the face if i could, that's something one does not play with...

And please Alk, DO NOT use the old auth system, someone (let's call him bloodybeast for educational purposes) could just make a donation, get a premium and then give away the phassphrase to everyone in the internet just to prevent them from donating money...

Keep up the good work, we can wait until you guys sort things out. take your time so it's not a temporal fix, but a permanent one

+2

I deleted the two posts to avoid flaming on this topic.

BTW, no I won't release the bot without auth system, because I don't want to grant this pleasure to BloodyBeast.

Now the website is working normally and is handling the attack.

If you have problem with auth server, I'll be very happy to discuss about it on another post.

Asking myself if I should close this topic or not..

my intention was not  to flame. and yea as the point you mentioned bloodybeast. i didnt think of that ..... yea you are right this pleasure he didnt have reserved.

and again alk : rly again: it wsnt an offense at you or your work.

lets look positive to future. it serems that probs are resolved and thank you

Edited by dasnon