Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
d12

Save VM botting

Hey botters,

First of all:

If anyone got suggestions or finds some mistakes in my thoughts you are welcome to tell me.

I'll also answer to questions if necessary. But please read the whole thread before asking. ;)

So since there have been several bans already i decided to write a small tutorial how to setup the vm within vmware player so atleast the main account is save from getting banned.

I'll also add performance optimations which might do a big deal or not. (but worth a shot anyways)

From my tries Windows 7 32bit seems to work quite well. (2GB RAM, 32GB hard drive, 4 cpu cores)

You might go with less cpu. I just dont care giving it a bit more since ill just run one vm since my graphics card cant handle more poe clients anyways ;)

I wont explain here how to setup a vm in vmware player since there are plenty of good tutorials out there.

But ill try to help you guys make the botting more save against getting banned. (mostly preventing bans on the main account since this seems to be rly important to me)

I was reading a bit about the different network connection types in vmware since this seems to be quite important in case of getting banned on several accounts or not.

I'm not 100% sure but as it seems the default option (NAT network) isnt a good option to bot in a vm and use the main account on the "real" windows version at the same time.

To change this option you can go to the settings of your vm and select the network adapter. In the network connection section u got the possibility to change between bridged, NAT and host-only.

In our case we want to run the vm in bridged mode. This will basically make the vm look like a seperate physical computer from the internet. It will have a seperate IP and MAC address.

This will use a seperate IP address in your network for any vm connected via bridged mode. So if you dont got enough IP addresses left this isnt a good idea or might be even not possible.

But since most ppl out there got some kind of wlan routers this shouldnt be a problem.

Since your vm will show up like a seperate physical computer in your network it might be possible to see for GGG that there are other computers playing poe in this network.

But if they are not banning per router MAC address (which they wont do in my opinion due to obvious reasons) your main account should be save even if your bot account gets banned.

A short explanation to those connection types can be found here:

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-2527

http://blog-rat.blogspot.de/2009/05/bridged-vs-host-only-vs-nat.html

It is also a good idea to enable "replicate physical network conection state". (this will reconnect your vm to the internet if ur changing between networks)

Thanks to Swarley here is a video which shows a few options to do within your windows vm which might improve performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZK03c0Wfw

For me it is still better to use the windows aero theme since there are graphic bugs when i dont use it and running the poe client.

As i know those graphic bugs dont affect the bot in any way. But i didnt try this long and just changed back the theme to aero.

I hope this will make your botting experience better.

yours

d12

Thanks for this guide d12.

A can confirm that graphic bugs won't affect the bot in any ways.

From my tries Windows 7 32bit seems to work quite well. (2GB RAM, 32GB hard drive, 4 cpu cores)

You might go with less cpu. I just dont care giving it a bit more since ill just run one vm since my graphics card cant handle more poe clients anyways ;)

I have two Win7 x64 VMs (4GB Ram, 2 Cores) running and I am still able to play PoE on my native OS without any felt fps impact (i5 3500k, 16GB Ram, HD 7870). I have tried to run the VMs with 1 Core but loading times get pretty long and the clients tend to crash during loading screens.

If you didnt do it yet, set the PoE Texture Quality to 4 on your VM clients and use vsync. Maybe that helps.

And yes, I have those graphics glitches too :D

Does anyone know if it is save to create a network share of your PoE dir on your host OS and use this client on your VMs too? Is there something like a unique ID to a client installation?

You can share a folder from your host to your VM, but do not use files from your host to your VM, it's really slow...i mean, really slow xD

Copy what you need on your VM and that's it.

Just for your information, it was faster to download PoE on my VM than copying it from my host hard drive lol.. ;)

You can share a folder from your host to your VM, but do not use files from your host to your VM, it's really slow...i mean, really slow xD

Copy what you need on your VM and that's it.

Just for your information, it was faster to download PoE on my VM than copying it from my host hard drive lol.. ;)

How did you share? Create a folder as a drive/share on your VM via the player options or did you create a network share on your host?

I did the latter and I can read stuff with 60-70 MB/s from host to VM. Imo thats ok. My HDD and my LAN normally can do about 100MB/s. The difference might lie in virtualization/translation. After a couple of runs all the stuff is in the Ram and HDD read speed isnt important anymore.

Since we (should) use bridged network it might actually transfer via LAN. Do you have GBit connection? Did you store your virtual disc as single or multiple files?

The performance is ok imo - its just a security question for me. Thats why I wanted to know if they can determine if several accounts (legit+bots) are online on the same client.

This will basically make the vm look like a seperate physical computer from the internet.

I don't think that works. Unless you already use ipv6 with an according /64 network that's assigned to you, you normally only have one public IP address and the mac of it is the one from the router.

In most cases, the router uses NAT hence everything you do on the lan has no effect once it passes through the router's NAT. For the internet, there's only one device visible which will be your router.

hey,

as i said i suck if it comes to network things ;)

was just reading and thats the information i got out of my readings.

what u said might be correct. cant rly say that xD

ofc its a good option to always use a proxy or vpn in the vm. this should rly be save then as i know.

but i highly doubt GGG is banning per router mac address since there would be too many bans for no reason.

d12

Sign in to follow this