Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceguy911

Increasing VM Memory?

my PoE on my VM sometimes crashes due to memory issues.  I've actually died a few times too, to what seems like slow responses on the VM.  

My bot NEVER dies when I run the bot off my main computer, like at night.  What's the discrepancy here causing my main machine to run much smoother and have faster responses than my VM?  Is it memory?  My VM has 1024 MB right now.  If it is likely a memory issue, is there a number that maybe I should slightly increase that to?

The reason this is so important to me is because I play in the HC league.  And when I get to end-game map-like content to bot, my bot will rip on my VM.  But with all Autopot and Exiled Bot settings being equal, I do not die when botting off my main computer.  So it has come to the point where, when my character reaches end-game content, I can only bot off my main computer when I'm not using it, like at night.  When in reality, I want the bot to be running nearly 24/7, or at least at certain times while I'm using the computer during the day.

Thanks.

U pretty much answering ur question urself. If ur poe crashes in vm its hardly the Bot, mostly its a performance issue.

Go for more ram, if u just go with 1 bot at a time u shouldnt have Lack of ram. Try 1.5gb or even more if available, play around with it.

U can also google a bit about performance tweaking in win7. There are many things u can improve.

U pretty much answering ur question urself. If ur poe crashes in vm its hardly the Bot, mostly its a performance issue.

Go for more ram, if u just go with 1 bot at a time u shouldnt have Lack of ram. Try 1.5gb or even more if available, play around with it.

U can also google a bit about performance tweaking in win7. There are many things u can improve.

With all due respect, I didn't answer my own question, because my question is: what do i need to do to improve performance given the issues I'm having?  Period. 

I spoke in my comment about memory, you spoke about ram.  Are they the same thing?  I'm not sure.  

According to settings I just looked up, I have 10 gb of space allocated, 2 processors, and 1024 "something" of memory.  

So I will repeat my question:

Is there something on those settings that you would recommend I change? and if so, to what?

You should not run "2 processors" in a VM, BUT you can run 2 CORES to get it running better

also 1500 + ram (memory is the same thing) should help you get it running smoothly.

also if you dont have a SSD harddrive I would suggest you get it because it increases performance aswell, thats the last solution and cost money ofc but is well worth it if the two first suggestions did not help.

You should not run "2 processors" in a VM, BUT you can run 2 CORES to get it running better

also 1500 + ram (memory is the same thing) should help you get it running smoothly.

also if you dont have a SSD harddrive I would suggest you get it because it increases performance aswell, thats the last solution and cost money ofc but is well worth it if the two first suggestions did not help.

i do have an ssd.  so you're suggesting upping the memory to 1550, to start?