Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
V4mpyr

Bot Does not work with new update and no communication.

Hey Team,

Title says it all. I am completely bewildered on the level of support for this program, seemingly it is non-existent. If something is busted with the program, I.e. the bot doesn't work because offsets need to be updated or whatever. SOMEONE from support or the creator needs to step in and post an announcement and manage the expectations of those who buy the product even if it's to say no update yet, working on it. etc. 

As far as I can tell the forum looks dead, very few posts and mostly go without replies. The discord channel is empty as a ghost town as well. Is this bot no longer supported?? What in the world is going on around here? Do you want to make more money with repeat orders or don't really care? I am seeking from support some clarity to the alarming lack of response to these issues.

Regards,

Vamp

• Like 1

Hi V4mpyr,

I think we just got used to and understood that the bot needed time (max 3 days so far I think) to be updated to fit the update. Be Patient as it always does get a patch, the time the team gets to find the vulnerability is the relative factor here. The bot has been running for years and it always managed to work.

My personal opinion, stop supporting if u are so dissatisfied with the product. The bot is working fine before the last minor update (hotfix) causing the offset to change. And the dev not 24/7 facing this forum to check for it. User should know which POE patch is needed to update or not, hence that is why the --nopatch is used; to avoid bot being broken again while waiting for a fix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dexp said:

Hi V4mpyr,

I think we just got used to and understood that the bot needed time (max 3 days so far I think) to be updated to fit the update. Be Patient as it always does get a patch, the time the team gets to find the vulnerability is the relative factor here. The bot has been running for years and it always managed to work.

I appreciate your feedback, for the veterans that makes sense. To the new users, looking at it from their perspective looks disconnected and unsupported. I'll gladly wait the time it takes just would have appreciated a bit more communication personally.

3 hours ago, Akikazu said:

My personal opinion, stop supporting if u are so dissatisfied with the product. The bot is working fine before the last minor update (hotfix) causing the offset to change. And the dev not 24/7 facing this forum to check for it. User should know which POE patch is needed to update or not, hence that is why the --nopatch is used; to avoid bot being broken again while waiting for a fix.

What is this -nopatch method you're speaking of? Perhaps it's something that should be stickied so EVERYONE can know about it and what to do when the bot goes down. You're sort of implying that users "should know", without the

or communication, knowing is impossible. Although I do appreciate your feedback, you are making a few assumptions about the user that doesn't quite make sense to me. Cheers though.

1 hour ago, KITTthewizard said:

I love this program,  the Devs can take all the time they need. Especially with what is happening around the world at the moment.

Be patient bro, they will release a update. 

I am enjoying many aspects of the program as well. Love is a bit far for me at the moment though. The read me's are a bit outdated and it isn't turn key out of the box for new users. That said, with a bit of time and looking up old archived posts you start to make sense of the programs features. It's also MAJORLY disappointing cyclone is not working with the bot personally. When I think the way the changed the cyclone attack all you really had to do was make cyclone a movement skill and not an attack then stacked movement speed. No way to add that with the current layout for example.

You're right though, I will be patient and wait for an update. Cheers for the feedback.

Edited by V4mpyr

All good bro, I'm Excited to get my boy back out there grinding maps as well!!

Cyclone needs to use both left and right mouse buttons

and enable maintain pressed key/mouse to YES

Thank @bj6ck6text1 

image.png.6e80e78746d5cad4538b0213d1742dca.png

Edited by KITTthewizard
  • Like 1

I agree with the OP here. I am new here and  I actually joined today I also bought a license so I could jump right in. I spent several hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Not knowing if it was a config issue or what. If someone would have stickied or posted to let us know there was a current issue with bot or in general that the bot needs updated after patches I could have saved much of my time that I wasted. I have been very frustrated and feel a tad cheated 😔...

Most the links to chat groups are dead links found in form and in banners.

Most of the posts are old and outdated but still some helpful info to be found.

Because I haven't been around nor even ran the bot successfully, I'm still not sure what to expect. I used d2 bots back in day and this seems easier and actually has a decent gui I think I'll manage just fine once it's working again.

I have no issues waiting for a fix and I am greatful for anyone working on it! I am very greatful for the effort put into this bot so thanks to anyone who contributed!

My only issue is lack of communication and overall support from the community (I might be wrong it's my first day)

I still can't figure out where to go to join any discord or chat channels if there are any let me know!?

1 hour ago, V4mpyr said:

What is this -nopatch method you're speaking of? Perhaps it's something that should be stickied so EVERYONE can know about it and what to do when the bot goes down.

From all I know that this forum has not been actively updated due to lack of dev and community support. Even the guide some are ages ago. Anyhow, PM me for quick around fix for the bot.

2 hours ago, ccninja89 said:

I agree with the OP here. I am new here and  I actually joined today I also bought a license so I could jump right in. I spent several hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Not knowing if it was a config issue or what. If someone would have stickied or posted to let us know there was a current issue with bot or in general that the bot needs updated after patches I could have saved much of my time that I wasted. I have been very frustrated and feel a tad cheated 😔...

Most the links to chat groups are dead links found in form and in banners.

Most of the posts are old and outdated but still some helpful info to be found.

Because I haven't been around nor even ran the bot successfully, I'm still not sure what to expect. I used d2 bots back in day and this seems easier and actually has a decent gui I think I'll manage just fine once it's working again.

I have no issues waiting for a fix and I am greatful for anyone working on it! I am very greatful for the effort put into this bot so thanks to anyone who contributed!

My only issue is lack of communication and overall support from the community (I might be wrong it's my first day)

I still can't figure out where to go to join any discord or chat channels if there are any let me know!?

I'm sorry about your experience and I really do understand the frustration as I did in one point. I think your act of posting in the forums helps a lot, I myself don't interact here that much but when I see someone in need I do try to help.

Again, I think at some point people just figure out to wait for the update, but should you need anything once more, I always tend to look at the new post and if the post is in my capacity to help.

3 hours ago, V4mpyr said:

I appreciate your feedback, for the veterans that makes sense. To the new users, looking at it from their perspective looks disconnected and unsupported. I'll gladly wait the time it takes just would have appreciated a bit more communication personally.

From the looks of the pricing method of this bot I would assume this is not something the creator is profiting for absolute gain but more of a side project. I think there was an explanation in one of the posts how and why it takes long and that got me to understand the situation but I couldn't find it either. It would be nice to make that a sticky to understand but it is somewhat technical.

In any case, I hope you're out there enjoying the game for now :)

4 hours ago, Akikazu said:

@dexp Rerun POE and the bot. It should be working fine now.

So how does the bot start working again after a patch without an update to the bot? I'm starting to think this "breaking" is part of the code.. I'd ask that if the creators are not planning to support this much longer please remove this. I notice the maps and pickit files haven't been updated in multiple leagues, I've spent many hours of my time trying to get them to work properly and grab the correct items, and get the bot to recognize maps properly, as it doesn't appear the new map system has been integrated? Idk, there is so little information to be found directly from the creators it sucks, you spend hours digging through community content and answers to try and find solutions or develop a pickit to address all the changes in the game.

We all understand times are different and there clearly is a lot we don't know so have patience. With that said if your program breaks on every tiny little PoE patch and then can't work until something is done, while you have customers essentially paying for the time to use the bot.. you at least need to have a public facing notification system if you expect much customer loyalty, or community input.

I've literally spent hours on the pickit and maps files trying to get them working properly, but many of those hours could probably have been saved if a developer were to respond with a sentence or two on how the files function.

I'm working on my patience ;) 

Edited by RangerRick

The dev did something on their end (prolly server-sided of the bot). That's all I know. Given how cheap the price of the bot is, I'm sure the dev doesnt care a lot especially when only left one dev to work it out.

1 hour ago, Akikazu said:

The dev did something on their end (prolly server-sided of the bot). That's all I know. Given how cheap the price of the bot is, I'm sure the dev doesnt care a lot especially when only left one dev to work it out.

I really hope they allow others to try and work on the bot and disable the per patch breaking, especially if support is waning. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RangerRick said:

I really hope they allow others to try and work on the bot and disable the per patch breaking, especially if support is waning. 

I agree I would love to contribute where I can let me us know how we can get started to help! I might add I have a BA in computer science. (Ended up in IT so my coding is rusty but the knowlege is somewhere in there :P)