Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Algorithm

So I got bored....

To be honest, i'm currently coding a website at work (supposed to work along with facebook and all so it's really huge) and i work with beast designers and developers but your design is fucking awesome...

I'm more a back end developer and i'm a total shit when it comes to design but seriously it's impressive.

You did that with css only or do you create elements with photoshop ?

How long did it takes you to do that ?

To be honest, i'm currently coding a website at work (supposed to work along with facebook and all so it's really huge) and i work with beast designers and developers but your design is fucking awesome...

I'm more a back end developer and i'm a total shit when it comes to design but seriously it's impressive.

You did that with css only or do you create elements with photoshop ?

How long did it takes you to do that ?

Each individual element is designed with photoshop, then transferred to fireworks to splice a web layer, and finally loaded into dreamweaver and the css written

and maybe an hour or so for the images, and an hour or two for the css, css only took so long as I hadn't touched it in years

So basically you're a real designer, you draw well, you know how to mix color and how to optimize the display of elements ?

So basically you're a real designer, you draw well, you know how to mix color and how to optimize the display of elements ?

Yeah each element is designed by me and the code is written by me ;)

Web dev is just a hobby I'm actually a software dev but I always feel like web dev will come in useful at some point down the road

I wish i had your design skill...if you give me a design in photoshop i can reproduce it in css but doing the design is like something impossible for me....

Haven't used photoshop in so long so it's fairly meh, but used to use photoshop for making signatures a great deal more than web dev

And to this day I still hate all the web dev scripts/languages :P

Edit - currently using JSON to do the dynamic images, have also got it set up so the text at the bottom rather than being 3 columns, is 2 columns and a dynamic control, the dynamic control has features etc and when you click the text fades to the appropriate subject

What are you coding then? You made me curious... :P

Final year of university at the moment so I'm having to write a research paper (woo?)

Been using Java and C++, with a smidge of c and c# for the past few years just not in use at uni at the moment as the research paper is taking precedent, but also just starting to pick up ERLANG.

Only real coding I've done that's relevant to exiled-bot is some reverse engineering in the star wars MMO, other than that I've just done commercial projects along with a bit of SQL and CSS work for a friends website.

The research paper I'm doing is relating to the implementation of YaCe(http://yacy.de/en/index.html) on my university network to determine scalability and whether it suffers the same problem as TOR that if you control the IN node and the OUT node whether it is possible to determine who is searching for what, so basically a security related research paper as i've started to go down the ethical hacking and penetration route ;)

I know TOR becaus i've been using it to bypass my school's firewall shitty rules but otherwise, i never heard of ERLANG or YaCe.

I'm more a web dev :P

php, js, ajax those kind of things :)

YaCe is just a decentralized search engine to stop censorship and also hide your searches like TOR would

ERLANG is a really nice language that supports hot swapping of code, it's also stupidly easy to write as "you write the problem not the solution"

And yeah I can do the art for web dev, but the code irritates me, just because it doesn't flow like java or c++ etc

this looks quite impressive. but honestly i get impressed by anything, which is better than a stick man ;)

also got impressed by bloodys new website design. but sry bloody ur out (urs is more looking like a 10yrs or child project now ;P)

And to this day I still hate all the web dev scripts/languages :P

so true ;)

I'm the definition of lazy so just going to copy paste this -

@ Algorithm - Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:54 am

I need opinions

http://i.imgur.com/gOljj0W.png (Text will go on the grey box and dynamically change)

or

http://i.imgur.com/EjC5Yji.png text is hard to read at this zoom but you get the point