Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
d12

0.11b Pathing "stuck"

hey,

sometimes the bot tries to run around some obstacles or something like that, its just running forward and backward all the time again.

i guess its a problem if 2 ways to the destination exist. so the bot goes one way and before it reaches the point it was about to reach it is doing pathing calculations again. at this time the shortest way is the 2nd way, which leads the bot to walk back...

its just trapped in that loop.

came to this conclusion when i tried to stop the bot until the character wasnt moving anymore and then started the bot again. then the bot was just walking the correct way.

sometimes the bot tries to run around some obstacles or something like that, its just running forward and backward all the time again.[/quote

I have exactly the same issues sometimes. But I'm quit sure this does not happen in all areas! When botting the Docks this happens frequently but in sarncity I never saw that.

i guess its a problem if 2 ways to the destination exist. so the bot goes one way and before it reaches the point it was about to reach it is doing pathing calculations again. at this time the shortest way is the 2nd way, which leads the bot to walk back...

yepp I agree but wanna add that for me this only happens at corners of objexts which are a bit bigger (I mean this nevery happens on a tree ^^)

guess the chance that the bot actually has to go AROUND a tree actively is quite small. also the path's length difference between the two paths at a tree are irrelevant i guess.

Sign in to follow this