Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
secretAgent

Statistics, simulating mouse & keyboard

Oi, I just came back from a couple of hours afk-botting and noticed the bot running smoothly as ever.

Statistics

I am interested in what the bot has accomplished meanwhile I were away.

Some kind of statistics would be awsome, nothing fancy - just plain txt would be fine.

What tier maps has the bot completed while I were gone?

How many maps did he complete?

How many times did he die? In what tier did he die? the name of the map would be usefull in this scenario.

How much currencies has dropped since the bot were started?

What other items has he stored away? *bonus, not relly necessary*

Im sure I have missed some kind of important stastistic, but you get the idea. It would be fun to look at aswell as usefull.

Simulating mouse & keyboard

I dont see why the bot doesnt atleast come with the option too choose to simulate the mouse and keyboard.

I mean, even tho I use a vm its a pain to pause the bot in order to change stuff or just read up on stuff. It sure is possible to re-download on another vm or the host to read the pickit, maps or whatelse but its not efficient.

With simulating the mouse and keyboard it could in theory work with any resolution aswell.

What goes for detection it shouldnt make any difference to hijacking the mouse as of what I can see.

Feel free to discuss.

Over and out, SecretAgent

I mean, even tho I use a vm its a pain to pause the bot in order to change stuff or just read up on stuff. It sure is possible to re-download on another vm or the host to read the pickit, maps or whatelse but its not efficient.

Go into VM, press F12 and you can do whatever you want. Dont see any Problem with it. You can setup a network drive for your bot folder, so you can access this without touching the VM. Dont see any problem with using direct mouse commands and a VM. Seem was safer for me to be honest.

Keep in mind that botting is something "simple". The more complexity you add, the less efficiency you get out of it. I need 5 minutes so setup my bot fully to run without any stuck or error. Using 2 auras and 2 skills (melee of course). Its very efficient for me, cause i never touch it again until i have to due an update or i got a new "better" idea :).

regards

Edited by antrox

Go into VM, press F12 and you can do whatever you want. Dont see any Problem with it. You can setup a network drive for your bot folder, so you can access this without touching the VM. Dont see any problem with using direct mouse commands and a VM. Seem was safer for me to be honest.

regards

You mean, Open the VM, wait for to bot to not be in combat, press pause, go to safety, edit ur changes - meanwhile ur bot does nothin being completely utterly useless - and resume. Yeah, I would rather it simulated my mouse n keyboard to let me do my shit without having to care about the bot.

What do you think is safer with hijacking the mouse? The game will reqognize the same exact patterns, no difference at all from simulating it. But feel free to elaborate.

In any case, with an option you could use your hijacking and I could use my simulation and everyone would be happy.

the point is everyone is happy with how it works for 3 years now. there will be no change for it i am sure. sure it would be "better" like it was in ebuddy. you are right with this! no matter what. but this is not ebuddy here and will never be.

everyone is golden since day 2 of this expension. you must get into it and understand how easy it is to make it going well. 

Edited by antrox
  • Upvote 1

the point is everyone is happy with how it works for 3 years now. there will be no change for it i am sure. sure it would be "better" like it was in ebuddy. you are right with this! no matter what. but this is not ebuddy here and will never be.

everyone is golden since day 2 of this expension. you must get into it and understand how easy it is to make it going well. 

Who are you to speak for everyone? Who are you to say there wont be any change? Whats the point of having this forumsection if not to listen to its users?

I wasnt even aware that exilebuddy simulated the mouse in their bot, and I dont see how bringing it up in this post would be relevant.

Regarding the last sentence I dont even understand what you are trying to say, my bot is going "well", but "well" or not, there is still improvements to be done and I dont see why you are arguing against that? 

You mean, Open the VM, wait for to bot to not be in combat, press pause, go to safety, edit ur changes - meanwhile ur bot does nothin being completely utterly useless - and resume. Yeah, I would rather it simulated my mouse n keyboard to let me do my shit without having to care about the bot.

What do you think is safer with hijacking the mouse? The game will reqognize the same exact patterns, no difference at all from simulating it. But feel free to elaborate.

In any case, with an option you could use your hijacking and I could use my simulation and everyone would be happy.

If it's in a vm it literally doesn't matter whether it takes control of the mouse or not, if you're making changes to settings/config of bot then really you'd want to stop and start it afresh anyway or at least i do even tho you can save a new config without having to restart it.

let it do a run. wait a few minutes for it to finish. stop. make changes. restart. done. easy. whichever way you do it the bot isn't running while you're making the changes anyway.

no need to get hostile over it, antrox is just stating that the bot is and has been going well using current methods for a long time and now since like a day and a half after perandus and people are happy with it.

If it's in a vm it literally doesn't matter whether it takes control of the mouse or not, if you're making changes to settings/config of bot then really you'd want to stop and start it afresh anyway or at least i do even tho you can save a new config without having to restart it.

let it do a run. wait a few minutes for it to finish. stop. make changes. restart. done. easy. whichever way you do it the bot isn't running while you're making the changes anyway.

no need to get hostile over it, antrox is just stating that the bot is and has been going well using current methods for a long time and now since like a day and a half after perandus and people are happy with it.

What if some people would prefer not to use a vm? What if I'd like to run 20 games sandboxed on the same pc with different ip's? There's as I see it plenty of advantages to have the option to simulate. If for some reason you dont want to use it then just dont use it. The only reason I can see not to implement it is that its either not a priority(then what is?) or the developer(s) cant be arched because as you say "it's working, smile and be happy".

Im not really hostile, but sadly there's really no way to get a real discussion going without seeming like it.

running 20 games sandboxed isn't exactly a regular users usecase is it ahahaha, 

never mind the hardware difficulties or the fact that even if it went perfectly they'd chain ban the lot of them. 

never mind that while you'd be running poe in a sandbox you'd also have to run exiledbot in the same sandbox instance unless of course you were somehow planning to bot all 20 copies with the one exiledbot :P

not having the control of the mouse is a small sacrifice, especially when if botting you really should be running it in a vm with all the attendant precautions. 

what i'm trying to say is that i'd much rather alk working on stuff to improve the bot that isn't already included then replacing mouse interaction that works with something that's strictly qol and probably involves memory injection and will get people banned.

running 20 games sandboxed isn't exactly a regular users usecase is it ahahaha, 

never mind the hardware difficulties or the fact that even if it went perfectly they'd chain ban the lot of them. 

never mind that while you'd be running poe in a sandbox you'd also have to run exiledbot in the same sandbox instance unless of course you were somehow planning to bot all 20 copies with the one exiledbot :P

not having the control of the mouse is a small sacrifice, especially when if botting you really should be running it in a vm with all the attendant precautions. 

what i'm trying to say is that i'd much rather alk working on stuff to improve the bot that isn't already included then replacing mouse interaction that works with something that's strictly qol and probably involves memory injection and will get people banned.

And of course you got hung up on the number 20 which were the least significant part of that sentence, if you havent got anything to contribute then simply dont.

hardware? what difficulties would there be compared to running 20 vm's? please do tell.

Same goes for chainbanning, please elaborate if you find it relevant to the discussion.

And ofcourse it would require just as many bot licenses as there is game clients, relevance?

All I'm saying is that there is really no need for a sacrifice at all. If not developer(s) deems it to be a necessery one for either reason I earlier mentioned.

I have not checked into how alk has put the bot together, but possibly it isnt that big of a change to implement the simulate option. It atleast isnt in a programmable point of view.

Your last line is btw, memory injection? If you dont know what ur talking about then... just keep quiet :|

How about the stastistics proposal? Is that according to the community a luxury aswell? I mean, the bot works in any case ...  :roll:

I already made some experimentation to send mouse and keyboard control directly to the window.

However the main issue that I faced was that I couldn't find any way to just "move" the mouse and hover stuff in game.

Of couse it should be possible to do via memory writing or injected dll, but since the beginning we are trying to be 100% external and to solely rely on ReadProcessMemory.

I heard that an eventual solution would be to write our own mouse driver or something like this, but I really have no idea on how to proceed.

If anybody here has some clue or can help to achieve complete background mouse pointer movement (with hovering working), feel free to share and send me a pm.

About statistics, we are reworking it, stay tuned.

I already made some experimentation to send mouse and keyboard control directly to the window.

However the main issue that I faced was that I couldn't find any way to just "move" the mouse and hover stuff in game.

Of couse it should be possible to do via memory writing or injected dll, but since the beginning we are trying to be 100% external and to solely rely on ReadProcessMemory.

I heard that an eventual solution would be to write our own mouse driver or something like this, but I really have no idea on how to proceed.

If anybody here has some clue or can help to achieve complete background mouse pointer movement (with hovering working), feel free to share and send me a pm.

About statistics, we are reworking it, stay tuned.

It should be possible to just simulate mousemoveement without clicking, I have never done any c. But Ill look into it when I have some spare time.

Glad to hear about the statistics!

It should be possible to just simulate mousemoveement without clicking, I have never done any c. But Ill look into it when I have some spare time.

It's possible but also time consuming. Go hook the client with spy++ and look at how many kinds of messages are sent to the client per "real" mouse movement. Now try to simulate every message and see what happens. I didn't even bother trying. Just gave up right away.