Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
heisenburger

Skill priority issues while kiting

When kiting is enabled, the bot tends to use the skill with the highest priority and immediately tries to run away while ignoring the rest of the skills. Ideally, the bot should finish casting all the skills before trying to run away.

There may be hacky ways to compromise, but it's far from perfect. This makes it hard to do things that involve using multiple skills in the right order. A fix to let us properly prioritize skills would be much appreciated.

Example scenario: cursing enemies -> place totem1 -> place totem2

Key Q: (curse enemy)

Priority = 10

Distance 30

Key W: (totem1)

Priority = 9

Distance (if > 30, bot will actually use this first; if < 30, bot won't use this at all)

Key E: (totem2)

Priority = 8

Distance (same as above)

Theres no fix needed. Ofc he will use Skills with higher Range and Low priority first. If enemys are in that Range. How Else should it happen?

And ofc he starts Kiting when mobs get Inside kite range. Thats the purpose of a kite mode.

I dont wanna offend you. I think its awesome that You spend so much thought on the bot. But i dont See any fix needed here.

lol no need to worry. All disagreements are welcome and will help me find out a fix. So for example, how would you make a bot curse the enemy first and cast multiple totems? I can't figure out a way to do this. 

Ofc he will use Skills with higher Range and Low priority first. If enemys are in that Range. How Else should it happen?

I have to disagree. If a skill is low-priority, it should always be used after a high-priority skill. I understand what you mean, but currently the bot will not use the higher priority skill after using the lower priority skill even when mobs are in range. The bot likes to run away after using just 1 skill.

Check out the Blood magic Flame Totem build by jsp in elite section.

What u failed on is setting proper cooldown settings. ( You have no cooldown in ur settings according to your examples)

Nothing wrong with kite mode, you need to tweak around with cooldown settings for builds with totems, fire trap etc.

Edited by RaZe

Appreciate the replies. I did try various cooldowns and read jsp's guide, and even he said the priorities don't work well and used a hacky way to curse.

After reading the logs, it seems skill priorities work properly, but the real problem is the bot presses all the skill keys at the same time, so not enough time are given to the low priority skills to actually get casted in the game. 

A suggestion is to put an optional delay before each skill, so the bot can cast the 1st skill, wait a bit, cast the 2nd skill, wait a bit, and cast the next...

i run totems, curse and leap slam. without any issues. it's a matter of getting it perfect for yourself and ur gonna have to twist and tweak to get it right.

Yeah, there are hacky ways to make totems work, but there are other builds that require you to cast each skill properly in the right order. Example: Contagion -> Essence Drain. The bot always casts contagion and essence at the same time, so essence is actually skipped. So I think this still needs a fix because pressing all skill keys at the same time is a problem by itself.

you can think what you want. dont even know what you mean by hacky ways. The combat system is awesome compared to other bots and so is the pathing. Use it to ur advantage and get to know it instead of saying that it has to be fixed. You just need to add some cooldown between two skills to make them fly with eachother.

I'll even go on ur toon with Teamviewer and make it work correctly for you if that's what you need bro.

Peace

Edited by RaZe

Of course this bot is still the top choice. By hacky ways I mean there is no straightforward way to make the bot reliably do something like this: cast skill1, wait 0.5 sec, cast skill2, wait 0.5 sec, cast skill3, wait 0.5 sec, and start running. 

It's clear that cool downs on individual skills can't prevent the bot from casting all the skills at the same time.

My totems work fine but it will be a problem when it comes to reliably casting 4 totems in a row. Look, the bot is good but this is still a real problem.

djeez u need to understand the skill system better. try harder please.

and please understand that there's a pathing system involved in the whole picture.

You wont get a bot to act 100% like a human or even in the mind set ur into atm... Figure it out..

Im pro at the game and botting, want some advice then ask for it.. You just have to learn how to set everything up correctly.

"By hacky ways I mean there is no straightforward way to make the bot reliably do something like this: cast skill1, wait 0.5 sec, cast skill2, wait 0.5 sec, cast skill3, wait 0.5 sec, and start running. 

It's clear that cool downs on individual skills can't prevent the bot from casting all the skills at the same time."

In my world it takes me a couple of minutes to figure it out for very advanced setups... Still u most be doing something very wrong when it comes to range, priority and cooldowns to achieve what you want.

I'm not even sure what you are looking for, but I can assure you that I can 95% of the skills with this bot. With the most weird combinations and secondary skills you ever could think off.

So I still have to ask whats the problem you have setting up ur skills. shoot me a pm, i'll help you out..

There's nothing wrong with the bot....

Edited by RaZe

alright. Let's say I just want the bot to use skill1, wait 0.5s, use skill2, and kite. It should follow this order whenever a mob is detected.

(skill1 is for contagion and skill2 is for essence drain, so skill1 has to be used first to infect the mobs)

So I set

skill1(Q) priority to 10, cooldown to 2500, range to 30

skill2(W) priority to 9,  cooldown to 1000, range to 30

Now when the bot sees a mob, it'll press Q and W at the same time, so skill2 doesn't actually get cast in-game. This alone is a problem. I could create a "hacky" delay by lowering skill2's range to 25, but ideally the bot should just cast both skills. How would you deal with that?

why u have both skills at the same range? also why do u have them at prio 10 and 9,, go with prio 9 and 7 and different ranges and cooldown. the reason because they get cast the same time is because u have the same range... cooldown still remains a cooldown.

what u have is a 100% perfect example of a fail setup here.

I dont know if its hard to understand if u actually read / tested jsp's settings. Lemme know what you want to achieve here. We can help you easynp.

atleast give me ur kite range setups. so i can reproduce ur problem.

ur settings/post  obviously fail to give a complete understanding of what ur actually trying to do  because ur not stating kite range with ur skills to be cast..

the only reason ur bot does something at the same time is when u do stupid shit like u said : 

"

So I set

Now when the bot sees a mob, it'll press Q and W at the same time, so skill2 doesn't actually get cast in-game. This alone is a problem. I could create a "hacky" delay by  lowering skill2's range to 25, but ideally the bot should just cast both skills. How would you deal with that?  "

why u want two different skills to be cast within the same range during 1.5 secs time? doesnt make sense u need to set a different range and prio and cooldown if u want them to match eachother.. 

please explain so we dont get dazed and confused by what you are trying to achieve here... Makes no sense to me...

Whats the skills you want to use etc etc etc. I don't like to guess..

Edited by RaZe

"why do u have them at prio 10 and 9,, go with prio 9 and 7"

How is 9 and 7 better than 10 and 9?

"why u want two different skills to be cast within the same range during 1.5 secs time?"

For contagion+essence drain to work on a crowd, you need to use contagion on the crowd first and essence drain second in order to spread the debuff. I don't want to get closer to a crowd just to cast a second skill that should be cast at the same range. 

There are plenty of other reasons to cast multiple skills at the same range. For example: casting 4 totems. I'm not going to get closer and closer to a crowd just to cast each totem. The totems should be cast at the same time at the same range.

Because u don't want two skills with the same "range" to be cast at the same time.

The cooldown is just a cooldown.... Your Range conflicts with that get it?

You don't want two different skills with the same Range and a different cooldown, because the cooldown is a cooldown. You get it?

You made a perfect example how it's not supposed to be done, I dont know how to explain this to you because ur not listening.

Edited by RaZe

alright. Let's say I just want the bot to use skill1, wait 0.5s, use skill2, and kite. It should follow this order whenever a mob is detected.

(skill1 is for contagion and skill2 is for essence drain, so skill1 has to be used first to infect the mobs)

So I set

Now when the bot sees a mob, it'll press Q and W at the same time, so skill2 doesn't actually get cast in-game. This alone is a problem. I could create a "hacky" delay by lowering skill2's range to 25, but ideally the bot should just cast both skills. How would you deal with that?

In this example, you would probably want contagion to continue having 2,500 CD, range 30.  Essence Drain would have to be slightly less range (to account for bot moving toward mob, say 25, and then Kite Range would have to be less than that to have both of them logically fire one after another before it hits that "run away" distance.

The ranges are particularly important, I would try starting with the kite setup I have for flame totems, and adjust the ranges and CD of kite delay, and the 2 main skills you are using.  If you manually tried to use 2 skills at the exact same time what happens?  To get that in between gap, you figure the distance the mob has to continue traveling to get to target, and set that skill in between range of 1st skill and kite range.

The kite range is your stop everything point and run, and in most builds you approach that point (target mob) so quickly you only have time to get off one or two skills unless you greatly reduce the kite range in regard to the range of your skills, and then have a kite delay of more time to gain distance to be able to cast the sequence again before hitting the kite range.

TBH, I had to experiment a ton to get decent results, and I think it can be improved.  The FT setup I use assumes to place a totem 1st and go to kite range immediately, hovering between 30-35 range, sometimes casting flammability when totem is on cooldown.  No way is the second skill for certain bc my kite range and totem skill range are so close, but the setup works for me and the build.  Also sometimes the way the bot runs is the wrong way into a room full of mobs, lol.

You also could potentially just assign a key to autohotkey sequence, just a thought.

@jsp: these are good points. I've been doing something similar to what you said like using different ranges just to cast different skills. I was hoping the bot could have an option to use all the skills at the same spot with proper delays and kite afterwards. In my last example I used the same range just to show the problem. The bot does use all skills but there's no delay in-between.

@raze like I said, it'd be great to have an option to cast all your skills at the same spot with proper delays and move afterwards. It's impossible now because there's no option to delay a skill in the combat settings. You can cool down afterwards, but you can't delay beforehand. 

I think skill-chaining would be an interesting idea though, not sure if possible, worth an ask.

Yeah good to see someone who gets the idea. I mean the bot should be able to use at least 2 skills at the same spot without trying to escape. When there are 4 totems in 2.2, this can be useful too.

Sign in to follow this