Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
xultimax

how they detect macros?

there are several threads/postings on the official forums stating that macros which are doing multiple actions are forbidden - i always wonder how they detect those macros?

anyone have insights/ideas?

The only information they have to go on:

Repetitive actions

bot bugged out constantly looping

massive amount of logins

time spent in-game

anything that looks really fishy. Do keep in mind there isn't a dude sitting at a desk going through all the accounts. They have a process of scanning for those accounts. stay beneath the threshold and you're fine. The trick is figuring out where that threshold is, which we don't yet know.

alot depends on randomness.

most macros are simple and just repeat a few actions any lets say 300ms.

thats quite easy to detect since no one is able to hit keys and house buttons that exact.

exiled bot is heavily random with small random delays. so instead of any 300ms its using 300ms +- 50.

this results in a repetition of every 250-350ms. thats alot harder to check since this might be also a real person clicking keys or mouse buttons.

you got my question wrong - i was not talking about Exiled bot

my keyboard and my mouse both have macros keys where i can save multiple actions on this one key

and my question was how GGG can detect such macros, because they say its forbidden in PoE and they will ban player who using such macros

one keystroke performing multiple actions = very easy to tell. Or rapidly occurring actions happening faster than a person can do it. In my opinion a keyboard macro can be argued, as there is no 3rd party software, it's hardware. No real intent to cheat on your part. I'd email GGG about it and ask.

isnt a macro on the keyboard a 3rd party software aswell?

since the keyboard itself is running some software to perform the macro action.

If you were GGG you might say that, but simply using the functionality of a piece of equipment you actually paid money for, would be a little arrogant of them to say you can't use it.

a bot is aswell some kind of "equipment" u might or might not pay for.

also if ppl would sell "poe cheat controllers" which got a lot of macro buttons it would be still illegal i would guess.

if the macro is integrated in ur keyboard/mouse or ur using a seperate macro program doesnt rly matter. technically its the same chest in the end.

One more thing about safe bot usage (from my experience) - It is a good idea to run bot for max 10h a day + not whole night. At night the amount of data to be analysed is lesser then at the daytime. If you use Virtual Machine it is a good idea to use Windows console commands (shutdown with the right parameters) - you just put the command in *.bat file and run it when desired.

alot depends on randomness. most macros are simple and just repeat a few actions any lets say 300ms. thats quite easy to detect since no one is able to hit keys and house buttons that exact. exiled bot is heavily random with small random delays. so instead of any 300ms its using 300ms +- 50. this results in a repetition of every 250-350ms. thats alot harder to check since this might be also a real person clicking keys or mouse buttons.

That is not a sufficient humanization algorithm. The variances in network latency alone could be expected to be +/- 50ms, so it is still completely likely that the server could measure that 95-100% of your actions are taken at approximately the same interval, whereas if you were a real player this would be statistically improbable.