Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
imtheshane

Obfuscation?

There should at LEAST be an option to rename the bot process. I know it won't defeat a lot of scanning techniques, but if GGG sneaks something into a patch to check for bots automatically, at the very least you want the process name to not be "Exiled Bot v0.Xx". Is anything in the works to make the bot harder to detect if GGG does start scanning for it?

They are selling their game worldwide, so if they don't respect law in USA and Europe, they won't be able to sell it there.

^thats why ;)

noone cares where theyr located physically if they do it worldwide. also their servers are located in the usa and europe...

They are selling their game worldwide, so if they don't respect law in USA and Europe, they won't be able to sell it there.

Google/Facebook/Apple/... don't respect european privacy laws yet they're still offering their services and products there...

You can rename the file, but it still shows up in task manager as "Exiled Bot GUI" or "Exile Bot v0.8f" in the task manager...

Posted Image

Unless, of course, you mean in the description column, if this is the case, you can use Resource Tuner to edit the Version resource.

It is the FileDescription field that would need changed. At which point you end up with something like :

Posted Image

Google/Facebook/Apple/... don't respect european privacy laws yet they're still offering their services and products there...

But for videogame this is different ;)

^ i guess its not that easy. since they are all huge companies they probably found some tricks

But for videogame this is different ;)

how so? you agree to GGG terms when playing...

Dude I'm not a lawyer, and I don't have any really good answer to the question, we live in a real world and everything is possible.

I only know that Blizzard fucked itself with the warden client and had to stop watching user's private stuff outside of Blizzard's games.

Now if you have some solid knowledge about international laws and similar cases, feel free to share them with a lot of sources please, as it might help.