Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceguy911

How significant is the Drop Penalty?

I'm LVL 81 and pretty much gaining no exp in my Merci docks runs, which is fine. I'm not botting to level up a fucking robot. Anyway, I feel I'm getting minimal drops. How significant is the drop penalty, and how do you guys combat it? I recently upgraded to catacombs, and honestly, I think the drops are worse per hour, only because my bot keeps chickening. I play bloodlines so my chicken settings are quite sensitive. Dying because I pushed the envelope isn't cool with me.

Anyway, I,m getting worried that my drops are starting to suck and will only get worse. Do I need to remake a character?... Thoughts?

Edited by Spaceguy911

There is a penalty to the chance of currency items (scrolls, orbs, etc.) dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency item drop is reduced by 2.5%.

The formula is:

2.5*(CharLevel-(ZoneLevel+2)) 

Currency item Drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68.

Because of that your character level gets reduced to 68 for the formula and docks merciless is a level 62 zone:

2.5*(68-(62+2))

So you will see 10% less currency item drops on average on your current level in docks (merc) and wont ever see less in this zone. (Basicly you do have the same penalty on currencydrops since your character hit level 68 :D)

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this