Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
PoEr

Suggestions

First post, made account here only to praise this bot, and have some feature requests. I'll continue to edit this post to append more ideas as my tiny brain continues to work hard.

1) Once the bot finds the exit area of the map (e.g. while doing sarn, it finds encampment entrance) the bot should enter that and then start new instance from there. What it is doing right now is, exiting game and starting a new one - so it's relogging like 50 times overnight, which is a red flag and would be caught by GGG soon.

2) Picking up rares was implemented, however I would like to have two more functions added to it:

[identify_rare] = true / false (identifies rares vs keep them unid)
[vendor_rare] = true / false (vendors all rare items found to get more currency)
If identification is off and vendoring is true, then the bot would start producing orbs of transmutation by selling rares. If identification is on and vendoring is true, then the bot would start producing orbs of alteration by selling rares.

3) Pickit is very basic at this time. However as another user suggested that if you're hovering your mouse pointer over something and press ctrl+c, the item description is copied in the clipboard. The clipboard can easily be read by the bot to check for criteria to keep the item. For example, in the pickit, I should be able to specify to keep only rings with 20% chaos resistance or more.

[itemname] ring, [quality] = rare, [chaosres] >=20
4) Check town NPC inventory for specified items (shopbot) - six links, tricolor linked etc. Since the NPC inventory resets in 24 hours or when you level up, whichever is earlier, the shopbot will keep its own logfile and enter a timestamp when it last checked for the NPC items, and will also enter player's name and level, and date checked there. Next time you run the shopbot, shopbot checks to see its own logfile. If player level has changed, or timestamp is more than 24 hours old, then look for new NPC items, otherwise just kill shopbot.

5) I don't want the bot to exit game and relogin. Instead, I want it to open a town portal, get to town, and then start a new instance. There is no reason it should relogin by exiting the game!

6) The ability to load "profiles" (e.g. one profile for daytime when I set it to pickup rares, and one for nighttime when it'll only pickup uniques and 6L etc). This actually would be the easiest thing to implement because it just needs the config files copied into the working folder.

7) (Redundant as pathing is now implemented): I understand pathing is under development. While the full pathing is implemented, you can at least have the bot use a "movement skill" in a fixed coordinate (e.g. use leap slam or lightning teleport). It's not the best solution, but it'll be something better than what we already have, and we don't have to wait for the full pathing to be invented and implemented.

8) The bot should keep track of number of mana / life flask uses per hour and number of chickens per hour. That way we will have an indication of how efficient is our current gear/skill setup in terms of killing vs dying.

9) As the bot is running, it should display "timers" (e.g. time since last kill, time since last movement, time for current game, total time of current botting session). That information could be useful to everyone. This is a feature request for next version when the bot will actually have an official GUI.

10) Live log: The bot keeps logs in a text file. It should also display the same thing in the status bar when it will have a GUI some day. This will be useful in monitoring errors in realtime rather than digging up the log file manually. For example, in the bot GUI status bar, it should display the last five lines of log (e.g. "started new game, trying to find new monster, exited due to not being able to find new monster")

11) Sometimes the bot clicks a story item (e.g. a wall graffitti or one of those large Karui heads). This keeps it occupied for several seconds. Can we have a "story detection" and click "continue" button in the story if detected? This actually happened with me three times today.

12) Sometimes the bot enters another area by mistake (I think it's the new pathfinder doing this) by the doorway at the entrance or exit of an area. If that happens, the bot should detect it, and we should be able to set an option either to continue in the "wrong" area, or use the entrance again to go back to the previous area.

13) When the bot encounters a rare monster with "Allies cannot die" mod, that monster should become the number one target, overriding everything else until the monster dies.

14) If the life is critically low, the bot should try using that "instant" recovery flask I specifically put there. If an instant recovery flask is not available or it's emptied out, then the bot should chicken. Basically this adds another layer of protection before chickening out, buying some more time to kill that tough monster.

15) Monsters with energy shield - there should be an option to use chaos-based damage on it. E.g. when encounter monster with energy shield, specifically use poison arrow instead of lightning arrow.

16) If the player is attacking, is moving position coordinates, but the hitpoints of the target monster are not going down, that means we could be desynched. In that case, bot should try issuing an /oos command in an attempt to resync it. This is what a "real" player would do, and our bot is trying to emulate a real player as the "gold-standard".

17) Follow mode: You can set the name of player to follow. The bot will accept party invitations from that player, and start following them whichever area they are in. The follow mode will also have an option to loot or ignore items dropped by killing monsters, and also another option to just follow passively (I'd do this just for auras) or to actively participate in combat. (Tip: Right now I'm able to have the bot follow me using a summoned monster - bot thinks the summon is killable, and he just follows my summon wherever I go :D )

18) Gem leveling: Set option to stop leveling a particular gem (e.g. Grace) after a specified level has been reached (e.g. do not level up Grace past level 12)

19) Cursing: Skip casting curse if there is

20) Gems whitelist: Pickup gems of quality >n, but always pickup these gems no matter the quality. e.g. portal gem.

21) xp/hour overlay, time to next level estimated, and playtime lost if you die at this moment.

22) Overlay clock, playing for how much time this session, and idle since x minutes.

23) Kill all unique bosses by default, but I should be able to add an option to ignore a particular monster (credits Madmayhem) e.g.

monster_ignore = Kole
24) In skills.ini file, I should be able to increase the priority of a skill by x if my HP/mana/ES goes below n. (Credits Madmayhem)

25) When inventory full, stop picking up items and just play for pure xp, or logout.

WhenFullInventory = 1
; 1 = stop picking up further items except orbs
; 2 = logout

Thanks and great job to the developers.

hey,

rly nice and well thought suggestions. seems like u know what ur talking about.

since the bot is still in alpha i guess u understand that most things are quite basic atm.

but the dev team is improving it as good as possible. atm theyr finishing the path finding which will make the bot so much better.

1. got mentioned alot but i doubt u get redflagged for relogging since its a cheap way to get back to town and therefore rly common.

EDIT: u probably get red flagged for playing 24/7 since thats rly easy to recognise automatically ;)

2. identify rares or not should come with stashing/autoselling i guess. but still takes a bit time.same for vendoring.

3. rly nice suggestion. something like this will probably come at some point.

4. same as 3.

5. doesnt seem to be too important at this state since it wouldnt give a significant improvement to the bot. but still nice to have.

7) The ability to load "profiles" (e.g. one profile for daytime when I set it to pickup rares, and one for nighttime when it'll only pickup uniques and 6L etc). This actually would be the easiest thing to implement because it just needs the config files copied into the working folder.

8) I understand pathing is under development. While the full pathing is implemented, you can at least have the bot use a "movement skill" in a fixed coordinate (e.g. use leap slam or lightning teleport). It's not the best solution, but it'll be something better than what we already have, and we don't have to wait for the full pathing to be invented and implemented.

7. included into shreks gui as i know. and official gui is coming soon aswell. so should be included into it.

8. not necessary anymore. alkpone will release pathing RLY soon. he alrdy announced it in the mini chat, but there was a small bug to fix first. shouldnt take too long.

as for (7) - Shreks Gui has a EBG Settings II entry now accessible through the View menu. In there you can define 5 time ranges and according profiles that should be used.

So you can setup a time range from 04:00 - 09:37 with profile XXXX and a time range from 11:22-16:00 with profile YYYY for example outside those time ranges it'll stop the bot.

9) The bot should keep track of number of mana / life flask uses per hour and number of chickens per hour. That way we will have an indication of how efficient is our current gear/skill setup in terms of killing vs dying.

10) As the bot is running, it should display "timers" (e.g. time since last kill, time since last movement, time for current game, total time of current botting session). That information could be useful to everyone. This is a feature request for next version when the bot will actually have an official GUI.

11) Live log: The bot keeps logs in a text file. It should also display the same thing in the status bar when it will have a GUI some day. This will be useful in monitoring errors in realtime rather than digging up the log file manually. For example, in the bot GUI status bar, it should display the last five lines of log (e.g. "started new game, trying to find new monster, exited due to not being able to find new monster")

12) Sometimes the bot clicks a story item (e.g. a wall graffitti or one of those large Karui heads). This keeps it occupied for several seconds. Can we have a "story detection" and click "continue" button in the story if detected? This actually happened with me today.

13) Sometimes the bot enters another area by mistake (I think it's the new pathfinder) by the doorway at the entrance or exit of an area. If that happens, the bot should detect it, and we should be able to set an option either to continue in the "wrong" area, or exit and start a new game to restart the bot in the correct area.

14) When the bot encounters a rare monster with "Allies cannot die" mod, that monster should become the number one target, overriding everything else until the monster dies.

15) If the life is critically low, the bot should try using that "instant" recovery flask I specifically put there. If an instant recovery flask is not available or it's emptied out, then the bot should chicken. Basically this adds another layer of protection before chickening out, buying some more time to kill that tough monster.

16) Monsters with energy shield - there should be an option to use chaos-based damage on it. E.g. when encounter monster with energy shield, specifically use poison arrow instead of lightning arrow.

17) If the player is attacking, is moving position, but the hitpoints of monster are not going down, that means we could be desynched. In that case, bot should try issuing an /oos command in an attempt to resync it.

12. never saw this problem happening, but shouldnt happen too often. should be still easy to implement since ignoring the story items while opening chest got implemented seperatly as i remember

14. nice idea. guess its on some todo list alrdy and coming with some fighting AI.

15. not too important i would say. since with the path finding there shouldnt be any more problems with opening too many instances.

16. ur rly doing this if ur playing manually? xD (but ye. since the bot will think of the solution to es mobs on itself there isnt anything to say against it ;P)

Hi there,

I've seen some really useful features we could implement in the next releases, some others just won't such as : the shop bot, since items at the NPC only changes like once a day or when you take 1 level...

Would be too much effort for not much and using an instance of the bot for that is just a waste you'd make a lot more profit running the bot itself i think.

PoEr, can you sum up all your ideas in the 1st post? So we can track them faster.

Just edit your 1st post and post a "1st post edited" everytime you add something ;)

I don't really care of the "flood" i'm not a normal admin, i prefer efficiency than following the common rules :P

Edited first post to incorporate all ideas. Of course these are my ideas, and the developers are free to choose what to implement and what to ignore :D

20) Gems whitelist: Pickup gems of quality >n, but always pickup these gems no matter the quality. e.g. portal gem.

Love all the ideas but I was going to post my suggestion in regards to #20 myself but looks like you beat me to it. I'm tired of getting gems that I already have but still want gems with no quality as you mention Portal Gem or Chain Gem or GMP Gem or Multistrike Gem, etc.

Another item you may want to add to the pick up list is Rhoa Feathers. I really still don't know what this is far but it's a pretty rare drop. I still have only found one myself but I've been only playing for about 8 months. It's only found in Mud Flats as well which is not really a great farming area. If anyone can provide further information about them if you do know anything that would be great.

Another option I would like to suggest is Schedule Botting Profile. For example: Farm for x amount of minutes, stop for x amount of minutes, farm for x amount of minutes again, stop for x amount of minutes, then repeat. It'll be great if every time it starts back up it chooses a character profile. Then we'll be able to modify the profile to farm different areas or the same area when the bot starts back up again. I know this is still Alpha so I don't expect this to be added anytime soon but would like to see it in the future.

if u found a roah feather alrdy ur quite lucky. or wasted too much time in mud flats xD

roah feathers are RLY rare and currently useless. since noone found out what to do with them.

scheduled botting is alrdy in the shreks gui as i know. not quite sure since im not using it.

if u found a roah feather alrdy ur quite lucky. or wasted too much time in mud flats xD

roah feathers are RLY rare and currently useless. since noone found out what to do with them.

scheduled botting is alrdy in the shreks gui as i know. not quite sure since im not using it.

I got really lucky finding it. I found it on Onslaught when it first started, never on Hardcore or Standard yet and I only have 1 right now. I never farm Mud Flats as well, I was just going through it and found the Albino Rhoa (I'm pretty sure it drops every time you kill it since it rarely spawns). I just thought it would be a nice idea to add it to the pickup list JUST in case I (or someone else) wants to try to farm for it. I know it's useless know but i'm sure it will be very valuable once we know it's purpose. :D

I'm sure shreks gui is good but I rather wait for an official gui. Just in case it wasn't on the to-do list I just wanted to bring it up because it wasn't on the list for this post. :)

oh. forgot to mention this in my first post ;)

roah feathers are within the range of currency and scrolls.

it will pickup if u get one

oh. forgot to mention this in my first post ;)

roah feathers are within the range of currency and scrolls.

it will pickup if u get one

Thanks! Hopefully it does!

Another pickup I would like to see is Granite or Diamond flask as well. :mrgreen:

A lot of very good idea in this post, I read it carefully and will keep reading it in the future to get some inspiration while we'll implement new features like pickit, shopbot etc

[quote name="PoEr"

1) Once the bot finds the exit area of the map (e.g. while doing sarn' date=' it finds encampment entrance) the bot should enter that and then start new instance from there. What it is doing right now is, exiting game and starting a new one - so it's relogging like 50 times overnight, which is a red flag and would be caught by GGG soon.

17) Follow mode]

I'm new to the forums, i wanted to put some of my 2 cents; but i found this which pretty much explains everything i wanted to add in much detail.

I'm about your first suggestion, that is why i set the bot to idle after clearing the map for a about 4 minutes, since it keeps logging off and back in; i agree that is a red flag and it will get notice.

I also use the bot as a helper, I have various characters, i used to play a summoner witch, but with the nerfed, it's mostly useless; only with a bunch of uniques is what helps keeping them strong, I don't have those uniques, so i will end up wiping the spec and starting another. But i use the zombie like you to get the bot to follow when it goes into what i call a bliss moment (the bot goes into the state of "To fap or not to fap, that is the question"). But i would like the bot to know when the minions are friendly, meaning yours and when they are the enemy. The way it looks the bots sees everything as enemies.

in over all +1 to your post.