Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Spaceguy911

Question before I buy 3 more licenses

Hey, I love EB.  I run it on my computer now.

I want to set up VM and run multiple bots, like 4... So I would need to buy new licenses.  I have a decent amount of disposable income so the $ isn't the issue.

I used WalterWhite's completely awesome guide to set up my VM.

It worked on the first try, which was very exciting for me considering I am not a computer guy per se.  The only issue I had, is my mobo (or something) was preventing me from running 64 bit system, so I do have Win Lite 32 bit installed.  I heard 32 causes shadow or lightning issues..i really don't care considering it will be botting.  While playing and botting in the VM, I didn't notice any lightning/flickering issues anyway, if that's relevant.

So my issue that I need to resolve before setting up additional VM and purchasing licenses is that of performance.  When botting (and again I'm not sure if this is related to the 32 bit setup because that's the only difference between mine and Walter's setup), or playing for that matter, I have terrible FPS.  Like...I didn't see the number but it's low.  Playable, kind of, but not safe...  Just bad FPS...

Does anyone know why this is?   Is it my HD?  Is it my RAM, my CPU...is it the 32 bit thing?  Do I need to change a graphics setting somewhere (i.e. in options > video in POE, the VM says it's running off some shitty built-in GPU.  I guess it isn't picking up my NVIDIA?  not sure if that's supposed to be).

Anyway,  as mentioned I have relatively limited computer knowledge, but I will post some information that might be helpful:

Win 7 Professional is my main OS

Drivers are all up to date

mobo is a MSI 7681

64 bit on my main OS

Processor: intel core i5-2500k cpu @3.30ghz, 3301 mhz 4 cores

installed memory 8 gb

total physical memory 7.98

total virtual memory 16.00 (?)

nvidia geforce gtx 560 Ti (Twin Frozr I believe it was called)

hard drive :  Something called a WDC WD10 SCSI Disk Device.  It's a HDD I believe, 1T of info.  got about 800 gigs on it now.

Thanks so much.  I love the work you guys have done and I hope to continue financial support as soon as get a stable VM.

Edit: Just to recap: these performance issues are ONLY in the Virtual Machine -- playing off my main OS is completely smooth and fine (both playing and botting)

Edited by Spaceguy911

the lighting issue is probably the vm version, your using vmware 7 or 10?

and don't worry the gpu in vm might look shit, but it's still running off the capabilities of what your actual gpu should be capable of in theory, without the enhanced added features of installing the software associated to them.

unfortunately the vm won't be able to run any other gpu software other than  the one provided by the vmtools as for the reason why it doesn't, you would need to ask someone a little more tech savvy.

Edited by aeiz

I used whatever Walter suggested. That means vm 7.

1000 mb of memory if I recall. And 2/1 for cores processors or processors cores (can't remember the order. 2 of one and 1 of the other).

Thanks. I'll keep checking in in case there are any more questions or suggestions.

This is mine:

Memory: 1024mb

Processors: 1

Hard Disk (SCSI): 25GB (this is a bit too much, but i had the spare room anyways)

Network Adapter: NAT

Edit:  I did some research and figured out where VM Tools is.  I click VM > Reinstall VM Tools

Ran through the installer just by clicking next.  It didn't fix my fps

By the way I'm in the game now.  Sitting in town its... 59-63 fps for about 1 second, then drops to 32 for a split second.  Does that just sitting in town.  What does that say about perforamcne issue?  My Frame Rate ms is a complete inverse relation.  it hangs at ~17 and then pops up to 31 when the FPS dips.  

What is this?

Edited by Spaceguy911

Could be ur harddrive, if you read the guides on how to set up the bot for multiple bots in VM you would know that a SSD is reccomended for running multiple bots.

Oh and yeah I have shit dps aswell because I configured my bots to have 20 FPS each.

Oh and also nvidia gtx series graphic cards seem to have problems with multiple bots in VM + PoE it's a well known issue you so it could be that aswell.

Edited by Ash

Could be ur harddrive, if you read the guides on how to set up the bot for multiple bots in VM you would know that a SSD is reccomended for running multiple bots.

Oh and yeah I have shit dps aswell because I configured my bots to have 20 FPS each.

Oh and also nvidia gtx series graphic cards seem to have problems with multiple bots in VM + PoE it's a well known issue you so it could be that aswell.

Thank you for your time in response.  An interesting thing though, is that I'm not even trying to run multiple, just one bot in one vm.

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that 64x win7 lite wouldnt install (for whatever reason), and that im using 32x instead?

also "SSD recommended" doesn't mean mandatory.  The way my VM is performing would call for using the word mandatory.