Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  

Bot on Linux

Hey there, I use playonlinux/wine to play PoE, now I was trying the bot (opening it in wine aswell) but it cannot find PoE running nor start it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

No idea, we're not using linux at all.

Can't really help you on this as i'm a noob when it comes to linux myself :/

this bot is programmed using lots of windows specific calls and libraries based on what i have read from alkpone here in the forum.

that means its not compilable in linux.

i might be wrong on this............

but your exe now wont run in linux as its a windows executable using .net and directx

thats what i did/tried.

i get it to run in wine, but it wont detect the game nor game directory.

that's the problem.

maybe i should try something different to wine.

1. You need to create a virtual machine, I recommend VMWare Player, or Virtual Box.

2. Find a windows .iso file and install windows on the virtual machine.

3. Download POE, .net framework, DirectX, and Exiled Bot on the virtual machine.

Wine is a windows emulator, it is not gonna work with exiled bot, you can probably run and play POE just fine, but the bot is windows specific. Somehow had a decent thread around here about setting up VM's as well and I am thinking about making a little mini guide as to how I VM multiple bots with specific settings and stuff soon.

-Watah

thats why linux sux ;P

You mean that is why windows stole virtually everything Windows users are familiar with from Linux and other GNU developers.

So then to fix that Linux sux for gaming! But is FAR superior to Windows in many aspects including security, customization, and most importantly PRICE!

However if you configure the virtual machine properly with a Windows operating system, and properly install .net and DX run time on the VM it will work just fine.

Tested it on my work laptop other day just for fun, running Fedora Core 13 flavor of linux.

What flavor of linux are you running username1001101? Id make sure that it is all up to date, and only install VMWare or VirtualBox via command line, or a package manager (Yum, Muon, ETC). Some flavors of linux dont take kindly to those auto install pkgs you can download via there websites even if your logged in as ROOT.

Dynamic Kernel Module Support is often recommended before using a VM on a linux machine as well. Check yum for or muon for DKMS, or if your running these flavors just open a terminal and paste!

Fedora core:

yum install dkms

Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install dkms
or if your already SU or ROOT just
apt-get install dkms

Once you get VMs working on a linux box the linux box itself requires such low resources you can much more aggresively allocate resources to the VM making it much more stable/smooth. Yet another thing linux RULES for virtualization. In fact im almost certain they invented that to!

Good luck.

-Watah

and most importantly PRICE!

I'm pretty sure you meant to write FREEDOM and not price.

Tested it on my work laptop other day just for fun, running Fedora Core 13 flavor of linux.

I'd very much like to see a screencast of running poe win a VM on Linux.

Also, it's of no importance what distro I use. Furthermore, I couldn't get PoE to run in VBox on Windows host either. Only on VmWare. Were you able to run it in VBox (either on Win or *nix host)?

Are you running *nix on a desktop or a on notebook?

You mean that is why windows stole virtually everything Windows users are familiar with from Linux and other GNU developers.

So then to fix that Linux sux for gaming! But is FAR superior to Windows in many aspects including security, customization, and most importantly PRICE!

hehe ;) guessed i would regret this post. but it was more a troll post.

i know any os has its pros and cons. (except from macOS. couldnt find a pro yet which is worth to use it ;P)

Digging up an old thread here. On a surface pro 3 I can get the game to run on Linux within a VMWare virtual machine. The only thing that kills me are serious latency spikes (4 seconds at times). But otherwise, can get it to run. Haven't tried to use the bot yet. I don't think it will work well with this much latency.

Sign in to follow this