Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
soj4trade

Multiple accounts flagged

Sup guys?

Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.

Last December, I created a virtual machine (VMware 10 on Windows 7 x86) and created a PoE account using a CyberGhost IP address. I pay for the VPN service (not that it means anything, at the end of the day), so not too many people use that particular IP address.

My Marauder was leveled from 1-25 via botting various zones. I didn't do quests, I botted zones twelve levels lower than my level - a shit load of suspicious activity. It was ridiculous and I'm surprised I wasn't flat-out banned. However, at level 25 I wasn't able to trade currency. Level 26? Nope. 27? Still no. I emailed GGG asking why, and this is what I received:

I apologise for the time it's taken for me to get back to you. The delay is due to a backlog of emails and, unfortunately, this has lead to quite a few disruptions to many of our ongoing account investigations. With regard to your own account investigation, I've got to unfortunately inform you that we've completed our investigation into your account, and the after reviewing the information we've gathered, I'm afraid that the team has decided to permanently close your account for breaching our terms of use.

Typos aside, that's fine; it's been a long time coming. So, I created a new account using the same IP address. Now remember it's a VPN - thousands of people use it. Maybe only 50-100 at a time, but thousands have used it. I created a Duelist (bot) and leveled from 1-25 via botting. Yet this time I simulated how a normal player would behave. I used all eight skill slots, I looted rares, I spoke in the trade channels, I only played 4-6 hours per day (during the same window), I did all quests, I partied with people, it was hardcore mode - the list goes on. I just reached level 25 last night - can't trade currencies. I'm flagged again.

I literally sat in front of the monitor for EVERY SINGLE kill made on this bot. It's almost as if I were the one playing (just without hands). There is absolutely no way this bot was flagged as a bot, unless they somehow detected the unusually extreme skill-level of a new account (bots are pros).

Yes, it was the same IP as the bot I previously created - but it's a paid VPN. Would they really flag ALL activity on that IP, or did they get my VM's MAC, or did they somehow detect suspicious behavior?

Thoughts?

The long of the short of it is - I can bot but I can't reap the rewards if the loot is BoA until the impending ban. I must be doing something wrong.

Interesting. So they DO ban by MAC? But, they must not ban by default gateway MAC because my primary account is still not flagged. However, my VM uses NAT network mode rather than bridged, so really my host computer is the default gateway, and they did NOT ban the MAC of my host computer, since I can still play.

If GGG is able to detect the MAC address of my virtual NIC, that's fucking scary. Just thinking of what else they'd be able to figure out is enough to make me bust out the ol' tinfoil hat.

On a side note, I attempted to register a new PoE account using a CyberGhost IP, and the website informed me that the IP was banned. Kiev, Ukraine.

Confirmed: GGG has the balls to ban a community IP address used by thousands of people.

they detect bot by some patters probably that bot clicking to much in a sec.. so its easy to detect that its not human

Pfft. I've created some test accounts swift & sound from lvl 1-80+ in a few days boosted with my main & levled the bots with the bot.... I've tried this out on different VPN's, My two bots with EarthVPN (The cheapest I could find) Got banned after 4-5 days from account creation, makes sense to me.

My private VPN bots doesnt seem to get banned at all no matter how far I push my bots 24/7 since December 2013.

Idk, sucks to get banned, I lost like 4  test accounts and each time I feel like getting my accounts back I actually get them back, sometimes I wont bother to mail them unless I invested heavily into my test bots (20+ex in Ambush etc)

And yeah GGG got the balls to ban "legit" players obviously ;)

Pronoob, by community IP, I mean a VPN tunnel public IP address. One that many of the VPN service's customers use to stay anonymous. CyberGhost wasn't cheap. I think it's $100/year with some sales every so often.

If CyberGhost is the problem, shit - I'm getting my money back. If I post back here, it's a bad sign.

Pronoob, by community IP, I mean a VPN tunnel public IP address. One that many of the VPN service's customers use to stay anonymous. CyberGhost wasn't cheap. I think it's $100/year with some sales every so often.

If CyberGhost is the problem, shit - I'm getting my money back. If I post back here, it's a bad sign.

i doubt its your VPNS....i use the cheapest and nastiest ones around on alot of my accounts im botting atm

as for your trade bug its a known bug that has happened to many players...even legit ones as per below:

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/433271

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/538687

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/645032

im sorry to be frank but what got u banned was that u contacted GGG, they conducted a through investigation of your acc, deduced u were botting and promptly banned ur ass!

ie: the logic "if your a drug dealer you shouldn't call the cops" springs to mind

once more sorry about ur bad luck and loss!

i doubt its your VPNS....i use the cheapest and nastiest ones around on alot of my accounts im botting atm

as for your trade bug its a known bug that has happened to many players...even legit ones as per below:

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/433271

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/538687

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/645032

im sorry to be frank but what got u banned was that u contacted GGG, they conducted a through investigation of your acc, deduced u were botting and promptly banned ur ass!

ie: the logic "if your a drug dealer you shouldn't call the cops" springs to mind

once more sorry about ur bad luck and loss!

So it's a known bug, but it doesn't look like there's a way to fix it. The only way people are fixing it is by telling GGG about their woes. So basically if this happens to my character, It's either let sleeping dogs lie or get banned. That sucks.

yeah it really does....i've heard of some making new toons fkin around and getting it to go away...but yeah its quite an issue for GGG and even for their legit players......

Sign in to follow this