Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
marabot

GGG nerfing drop rates for bots

I'd seen some people over at that "other" bot site talking about how they were literally finding nothing with their bots, and they were speculating their accounts had been flagged. I assumed it was hyperbole or paranoia, but looks like that is exactly what they're doing. Pretty sneaky of GGG.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but this was the first actual confirmation I'd seen of this.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/578923/page/1

Hasn't been discussed in the forum, but I suggest we move it to the elite section. Don't foget that GGG does monitor bot forums :)

In which case I imagine they can afford to spend a few dollars and get on the elite section. :)

People who aren't botting are also have the same issue with drop rates. It doesn't make sense that GGG would change drop rates for botters instead of banning them. And they are still banning people.

It doesn't make sense that GGG would change drop rates for botters instead of banning them.

It makes perfect sense! If they would simply ban People then most bot-user would simply create a new account and continue botting. Since PoE is free the "banned" user takes maybe 5mins till he is back online. If they quietly reduce the droprates on flagged users this would take much longer since you dont really know if you got flagged for botusing or if you simply got no dropluck. Since this game is more or less all based on RnG you will never be sure to know if you got flagged or not.

It doesn't make sense that GGG would change drop rates for botters instead of banning them.

It makes perfect sense! If they would simply ban People then most bot-user would simply create a new account and continue botting. Since PoE is free the "banned" user takes maybe 5mins till he is back online. If they quietly reduce the droprates on flagged users this would take much longer since you dont really know if you got flagged for botusing or if you simply got no dropluck. Since this game is more or less all based on RnG you will never be sure to know if you got flagged or not.
OK. And to keep people guessing even more they also still ban some people and nerf drop rates for non-botters. They are quite clever.

i was told its because they were transferring full inventories on their brand new characters. you will get flagged for that. they think ur doing RMT.

do not transfer full inventories to new characters/accounts

Both accounts will get flagged

i was told its because they were transferring full inventories on their brand new characters. you will get flagged for that. they think ur doing RMT.

any source?

any source?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-t ... 288/page/6

And as of right now I can almost say 100% that this is happening to my new account LOL

The only thing I can find on your link is that they flag cheaters so that they have very rare currencydrops. Cant find anything about being flagged after transferring full inventories.

I checked a bunch of accounts in this thread. I see two groups of people:

70% of people: People complaining they're not finding currency drops when they actually are finding a normal amount and there's no problem.

30% of people: People who are clearly using bot software and are surprised that we aren't just ignoring it.

If you're finding no currency and you're 100% certain you've never done anything wrong, contact [email protected] and we'll get it sorted out. There is a bit of an email backlog. Please note that it's extremely rare for there to be a false positive with this type of stuff - we're very careful with who it is applied to.

I'm sorry about the tone of this post. It's just really frustrating to watch people posting on botting forums about how stupid we are for not banning them, then posting in here about how it's unfair they aren't getting an optimal game experience.

If I have missed it, gimme a little hint please :P

Basically Chris from GGG being a total dick and telling everyone that is complaining that they can either go screw themselves if they don't like the game OR go screw themselves because they are botting. LOL

Funny how 70+30= 100% and he leaves no room for error on GGG's part. Oh well, all the more reason to continue botting IMO.

Think its pure BS that they manipulate with the % rates on diffrent accounts. I bot around 12 hours a day and play 5 maybe? Ive not noticed anything changing for my account. Also dont email them about your drops being "low"....

Also Chris, go fk yourself.

So what you're saying is that if you're still getting any [Read] currency, you haven't been flagged but rather are having a bad cast of RNG?

While still getting yellow/blue drops, that is.

Yellow/blue has nothing to do. They don't touch item drops.

Currency drops is being manipulated.

With my bot accounts I don't get ANY currency drops. Neither whisdom/portals.

However what some say is that they reduce the chance to get currency by let's say 1000 times.

So if you get one whisdom/portal per hour that's either really good rng with flagged account either really bad with not flagged account.

However for my boted 70lvl char past Act 1 Norm - until Murv I got chaos + 2 alchs, I didn't get ANY currency drops, not even a transmutation orb.

So test for a day - if you don't get an alch - yes, you are flagged.

it seems to me that the devs would want to automate this process as much as possible due to the high volume of players. that being said, i'd think they'd program a safety net in case of wrongful flagging

try not logging in for awhile. give it 1-2 days or something. given the nature of a no-injection type bot, there really shouldn't be a way for mods to determine whether or not you bot unless it were due to the pathing/stuck issues where people can see and report you. in which case, turn off the "use town portal" feature until this is fully addressed

Not forgotten should be, that the droprate decreases technically if one's char lvl is too high above area lvl. When i.e. botting with a 8x char this makes a big diffrence to a area lvl +-8 char of, let's say, lvl 69. If it's only for the droprate, one could even consider keeping a char at a specific lvl by letting him die from time to time. This might even be programmable in a bot.

Sign in to follow this