Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
immo

solution for the Logfiles!?

I think we currently got several issues with the log files from ExiledBot.

[*:185xf3yd]First of all is the size for sure! The log files especially the timer.log grow explosively in size after only a short duration of botusing. This circumstance makes it impossible for some users to even open the log files at all let. Not to mention to pass the log files for error handling.

Only 20 hours after they have been created, the log folder is more than 440 MB for me. I don't mean 20 hours of bot using ;>

Posted Image

Either there is a way to compress the data or maybe the log files should simply get cleaned up by the bot automatically every 60 minutes.

[*:185xf3yd]I have an enormous amount of write operations on my HDD on which the log files are stored, which probably is due to the amount of data collected. Since I use a solid state drive, these vast amount of write accesses is obviously not conducive to the lifespan of the SSD ;>

[*:185xf3yd]Last but not least: I would love to see a feature which gives the bot user the possibility to submit the log files after a problem accrued right from the ExiledBot's interface.

I know, I know I'm back at times only complaining...

sry for that!

:mrgreen:

true story about the log files.

but honestly: ur ssd lifespan and writing data to it is a crap argument.

ssds will probably last longer than hdds those days just due to the fact that they got no physically moving parts inside.

just too bored atm, but its a simple maths calculation to see that ur ssd life span is actually freaking high.

just the fact that it has a limited write operation amount makes the ppl get scared.

EDIT: u can manually set the log file folder to read only (sub folders and files enabled)

BUT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ADVANCED HELP WITHOUT THE LOG FILES!!!

but honestly: ur ssd lifespan and writing data to it is a crap argument.

ssds will probably last longer than hdds those days just due to the fact that they got no physically moving parts inside.

first of all, I never said my SSD will be broke after using the bot for 2month :>

As an average computer user you surely don't have to worry about the internals of endurance management in general, because most new SSDs are good enough (if they're used in the right applications environment).

However it is a totally different Situation for users in the enterprise SSD market! I still hear stories of users thinking it's perfectly normal and economic to replace burned out Intel SSDs every 6 to 12 months - instead of buying more reliable (but more expensive) SSDs.

New evidence is coming in from research done by STEC, that old, heavily written MLC cells - managed by traditional endurance schemes - may get slower as they get older - due to higher retry rates on reads - even though the blocks are still reported by SMART logs as "good".

Simply the amount of write/erase cycles the bot generates at the log files made me a bit suspicious since my SSD is showing its age...

I think I'm a little pre burdened due to my customer environment at work ;> But i still think that log files with such a high amount of size simply aren't necessary.

wasnt basically about to say ur wrong ;)

but was about to make sure ppl dont start a stupid "dont write shit to ur ssd its going to dy" discussion.

im also thinking those big log files are not necessary most of the time.

but to make one thing clear. if u dont have the log files cause of disabling them its ur own fault if the devs cannot help u.

EDIT: i disabled them since i got a broken hdd and i think thats what my vm brings to a crash while running the bot ;)

will see if the bot is still running tomorrow ;P

but was about to make sure ppl dont start a stupid "dont write shit to ur ssd its going to dy" discussion.

eheh, Ok that's true!

Read-only doesn't fix the issue ?

read only » no more log providing or better said, hoping to not run into any errors ;>

im running it as read only for a few hours now and its working fine

grmbl ;> I know that the size problem wont occur when changing the files to read only, I did that myself a while ago! But you wont LOG ANYTHING NEW now. Means when running into issues you wont don't have any information's from the logs cuz they simply wont store new data after r/o ^^

ye. thats what i actually wrote in big red letters when i wrote down this "fix".

so ppl dont just do read only and complain afterwards.