Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
ridpath

Problem starting EB

I just got me the lifetime license and tried to set it up on a VM (I have it running successfully on the host machine).  I'm using VMware Workstation 7, windows 7 x86.  The game and everything starts fine, but when I try to start the bot I double click on it, choose a process to hide it in and nothing happens afterwards.  Any ideas?

I've tried running it without hiding it in any process as well, the same problem arises.

Edit; just realized, probably wrong section.  Can someone with admin privileges move this to the appropriate forum for me please?

Edited by ridpath

Just moved the post.

You need to run the host process with admin priviledges.

If you run the bot without injecting it, does it work ?

Thanks for fixing the post, I managed to find a (temporary?) solution.  I'll post back here if any problem arise in the future.

Running the bot without injecting it works fine; it seems as long as I can get the window to show up, then the bot'll work.  Initially I was getting an error with dxd3d_43.dll, and the guide on the forums (unpacking _32.dll from a .cab and renaming it) didn't work for me.  I downloaded the DX end user runtime (~100mb download) and installed that, then it ran.

Now it seems so long as I don't attempt to inject the bot more than once in one OS session, it should work fine; even after closing the first instance of the bot, future instances refuse to start.  I'll just need to restart the VM every time I want to reopen the bot.

Sign in to follow this