Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
heisenburger

Forcing the bot to abandon a map after X runs

A lot of cheap maps are not worth running twice, left alone 6 times. Can we have a property in the map file like this:

"[Retry] == 3" //retry the map 3 times at most

Edited by heisenburger

A lot of cheap maps are not worth running twice, left alone 6 times. Can we have a property in the map file like this:

"[Retry] == 3" //retry the map 3 times at most

what do you mean run twice?

or retry?

When the bot gets stuck in a map, it would quit and re-enter the map. If the map isn't so good, it'd be better to start a new map instead.

oh ic like if it trys to run a tunnels map which is low level and it gets caught on some stupid corner it would just not go back in?

the problem is the bot dont know its stuck... and when it quits it assumes because no monsters were there no?

/e i see what your saying and its a nice idea but i dont think it should be on the top of the list... and then who decides what maps to give up on and ect. another WHOLE map list to setup?

Edited by omega

i dont think it should be on the top of the list... and then who decides what maps to give up on and ect. another WHOLE map list to setup?

It's definitely not a top priority. If it does get implemented, the [retry] property can be an optional feature, so you don't have to edit your map file at all.