Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
gazroe

Control plus Escape Key

Lately when my bot goes to chicken occasionally it is if the bot presses both the CTRL key and ESC key at the same time and thus brings up the start menu letting my character die.

It will be stuck in this loop until I tap the CTRL key and then the bot will be ok again for a couple of hours until it happens again

I checked the forums and some people had this problem a few years back. However their problem was put down to a type of key board that I don't have or the "sticky key"  option being selected in Control Panel which mine isn't

Is this a problem with the bot that has come back or is there some thing I have done wrong 

laptop? i had a similar problem running the bot on a laptop 1 year ago. seems like a hardware/windows problem most of the time.

did also a lot of research during that time, and it seemed to happen mostly on laptops.

hm well.

i am not familar with the control panel options in windows 10. the only thing you could check is all the options around the ease of access features (sticky keys etc. pp)

anyway, what i would do/try. using the tcp disconnect instead of esc/logout. it doesn't use esc anymore, and just going to cut down the port that poe is using, which immediately kicks you back to the char screen. its the best chicken method concerning poe.

Thanks Stef. I'll try TCP disconnect.

Just one more Question. I have to chicken quite often so TCP disconnect isn't more likely to be detected by GGG is it?

Thanks Stef. I'll try TCP disconnect.

Just one more Question. I have to chicken quite often so TCP disconnect isn't more likely to be detected by GGG is it?

should be safer & faster than esc + logout because afaik that esc method is using memory writing. that was also the reason why alk added the tcp disconnect method.

and yes, even legit players using logout macros involving that method. mostly for hc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/31oode/a_logout_macro_without_mouse_involvement/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3csplq/tcp_disconnect_macro_package_for_20_release/

Edited by stef
  • Upvote 1