Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Synapse7

Risk of ban? VPN/Proxy?

Hey, new to these forums and was just wondering if any one has been banned in game? Also do you guys use a VPN/proxy? Any info would be great! thanks :)

using a vpn/proxy is highly recommended. just to be save if banned on the bot account so ur main wont get banned.

also some ppl got banned alrdy, but kinda unlikely atm. my only ban was on an unverified char just few hours after creating it. so just make a crap mail and verify ur bot account. or maybe i was just unlucky xD

using a vpn/proxy is highly recommended. just to be save if banned on the bot account so ur main wont get banned.

also some ppl got banned alrdy, but kinda unlikely atm. my only ban was on an unverified char just few hours after creating it. so just make a crap mail and verify ur bot account. or maybe i was just unlucky xD

Alright, I figured as much. And yeah, the reason I want to get a vpn/proxy is to keep my main safe :)

Any recommendations for free vpn/proxy service?

Don't forget that the client sends the mac address of the device connecting and this is also recorded. So make sure you spoof your mac address also or your going to be banned no matter what VPN options you use :)

1. im also looking into some free to use vpn atm. i got one from my university, but still interested if there are nice free to use vpns out there. just google around a bit xD

2. guess theyr checking ur routers mac address which should be changed with a vpn aswell. otherwise where would be the sense of the vpn ;)

No they can collect the connecting machine (your PC) mac address. It is in their ToS part of the service support. Either use a VM with a spoofed NIC or use a spoofed MAC on your machine.

Once again: The mac address of local machine is collected NOT your router, don't get banned on your main account.... :twisted:

Use a VM with a spoofed mac address and never log into your main account with the same IP as your bot account.

Or use a spoofed mac address and change IP's when logging into your main.

I think I will do a little security post in the elite forums soon as to how to avoid bans on your main account.

For eg. your PC name (windows) is recorded and sent as part of the client connection that is part of the crash reporting process and could be used to ID your accounts if GGG wise up. ATM as far as I am aware they are only using the IP data to track multiple logins (a number more then one account per 'connection' flags your IP/accounts). However this will change in the future as they start cracking down and they have a lot of data to use already to correlate accounts should they choose. A few simple measures will avoid all tracking attempts they can currently use though.

btw. if i use the same vpn (the one university gave me) on the vm and the host. do i have the same external ip?

Possibly... The university probably has a pool of IP addresses it uses with NAT, There is no way for me to tell. However you have a reasonable excuse (I was not botting its the university connection...) provided you have differing mac address and details collected by the client.

Thanks for the insight Botman. I was doing some reading on this and apparently VMware 9.0 already changes my mac address? So should I just be worried about using a proxy?

as i know. YES

a vm has its own mac address. even if u copy a vm to start it as additional vm it has a new mac address (be sure u click "i copied it" if u get asked about it.)

Ok, so im guessing I need the proxy on my host then? I have vmware up and running with 4 clients already just need to figure out the bot, etc. And sorry for all the questions here, still learning ^^ I will be donating for Elite once I get this all sorted out :)

using a proxy or vpn with in ur vm is kinda the same like using it on ur host system.

the only thing u have to make sure is, that ur vm is running in bridged mode. (not even 100% sure u need this)

so

1. let the vm network run in bridged mode. u can find that in the vm preferences at the network adapter

2. install the proxy/vpn thingy with in ur vm system

3. use it and be happy ;)

Sign in to follow this