Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Thormrand

Vm Tests/Tips/Tricks

So after reading a lot about those Vms (Virtual Machines) i though, hey why not share my tests with everybody.

Current Computer specs, Nothing Exceptional

Phenom II X6 1100T 4.2Ghz/core (True 6 cores)

16Gb ram ddr3 1600

SSD Samsung Pro 256gb

GTX 570 OC Edition (20% OC)

Current best working Vm

Vmware 9.0.0 build-812388

Ram: 3.5gb

HD: 30gb

Physical processors: 1 (will explain better later)

Total number of cores: 2 (will explain better later)

Small lists of problem you might encounter on a vm

P. Fliker

S. There are 2 temporary fix to this, one is to run with those FPS graphs (press F1 in game) It seems to temporary fix the problem but goes off as soon as the bot has to relog.

S. The second fix is to make windows run at maximum performance settings (Right click on computer > properties > Advanced system settings > Performance Settings > Select Adjust for best performance.

P. Bot stops walking/idle forever in a zone/city

S. I've made some tests and found that you need to make sure your Mouse Input is not "mouse over" In the vm's options.

[Main Vmware Window > Edit > Preferences > Input > Uncheck all the boxes except "Ungrab when cursors leave window" Also i always "Optimize Mouse for games : NEVER"]

P. Performance Issues / Artefact / Screen Tearing

S. First Solution: Make sure your HOST (your physical computer) has its last available graphic drivers installed.

S. Second Solution: Make sure your HOST (your physical computer) has its Hardware Acceleration on (google it to make sure (Windows XP Users))

The Facts

-It is possible to run a 64bit GUEST on a 32bit HOST as long as the cpu is 64bit capable and it has virtualization.

-After quite a few tests i've found that a 32bit GUEST will use 10-15% less cpu, however it looks like the vmware 3d accelerator isn't working so well in 32bit mode.

-Disabling all the crap you don't need on your vm helps it out (every bit of memory you will need) (ex: CDROM | FlOPPY | SOUND CARD | NETWORK DRIVES ect ect..)

-Having your Vm's on a regular disk will drop your performances, unfortunately for those who don't have access to a SSD or any enhanced drives, the operations per seconds on regular drives are horrible so your game might show "Is not responding" but let it load (took 10 min on an old 256gb 5400rpm drive). However, if you have acces to multiple regular HDD you can always put one VM per hdd, it will greatly increase the loading speed.

-Do not run your vm in a high resolution, the bot need 800/600 just run it in 1024/768 you will save power that way (even tho i haven't tested this particularly)

The things you absolutely need to run the bot properly

DirectX End-User Runtime http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=35

.NET Framework 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=17851

The Game (DUH!) (Here's a trick, transfer your whole Grinding Gear folder into your VM and rename the content.ggpk, then download the "installer" from the website, install it, and then delete the new "content.ggpk" and replace it with your old (6-7gb one)

Note.

Even tho i have 1 physical processor which has 6 cores, i always set my VM's to (2) cores each. (3*2=6) It prevent vms from fighting over diff cores to get more cpu power.

With 3 Vms running (2x 64bit 1x32bit) My cpu runs at 90% all the time. (Memory peaks at 12.4gb)

I haven't tested with Virtual PC because i heard the 3d Accel is HORRIBLE so as far as i know vmware is the leader right now (yes i know i HATE THAT FUCKING FLIKER).

Using Windows 7 Pro N Edition is just to save power/space, it comes with no Media enhancement whatsoever, so no windows media player and shit. (Which you don't need .. except, of course, if you want your bot to listen music.. then .. anyway)

Here's a trick to push 30 days trial up to 190 days > Open command prompt (Windows key + R > type CMD) and in thatt command prompt type "slmgr -rearm" Without the " of course, this will extend your trial for another 30days (type it once every 25 days, it won't add up).[You might have to right click on cmd and run as admin i don't quite remember] Google it up!

Also another good trick would be to take a snapshot, and restore it every 30 days... either way its legal :)

Also did you know you can download windows 7 iso for free and legally ?

Windows 7 PRO N 64Bits http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X16-13459/X16-13459.iso

Windows 7 Pro 64Bits http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso

Windows 7 Pro 32Bits http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65804/X15-65804.iso

As soon as i think of any more good content to add in this i will write it up! I'ts a work in progress and if it can help anyone, then i haven't lost my time!

Happy Botting!

WOW

rly nice tutorial/tips/what ever ;)

and nice to see there are free and legal iso downloads. ofc the key is still needed ;)

there are also other leagal windows downloads on this site? since i cant figure out how to get to some kind of a "real" website to click through and find things

WOW

rly nice tutorial/tips/what ever ;)

and nice to see there are free and legal iso downloads. ofc the key is still needed ;)

there are also other leagal windows downloads on this site? since i cant figure out how to get to some kind of a "real" website to click through and find things

Well this site is part of the microsoft official website, its their download website.

I will try and figure out a way to list all the .iso

And as for the key, if you use the 2 tricks i wrote, you don't need any!

kk. thx for figuring out ;)

alrdy googled a bit, but seems to be no real website at all.

the key isnt a problem for me xD

just mentioned it.

Where were you last week?!

But seriously gg guide and tips. that covers a lot of the little problems that you could run into and its hard to find answers. thanks for doing this and keep it up.

well i used my GGG account name to creat my forum username so i had to make it change ... :P

Can we have some advice on POE running on wmware Windows XP host?

I am running on vmware workstation 8, my physical hot is Seven 64 bits with 8 Go RAM, my guest is windows XP (3GB ram, 1 CPU, 2 cores), acceleration 3D [ON]

Direct 3D is on lastest version available on winxp, i have .NET framework 4.0 (lastest available for XP)

POE crash when starting the game:

The D3D device has a non-zero refererance count ....

My drivers 3D card are up to date on my physical host, on vmware it is recognised by vmware ... I have no problem with my Diablo3 game in this VM ....

Have you got an idea about what 's going on ? Is it possible to run POE on a winxp guest on vmware ?

By advance thanks.

NB: Well it seems official that POE can't run correctly on vmware WINXP guest ...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=577

I will reinstall a 7 guest

try to start poe without the bot.

dont forget to atleast login and enter an area without the bot to test it.

if u can login and play manually but with the bot its crashing its the directX.

if u cant run the client without the bot then its probably due to some 3d graphics shit which isnt rly working with xp i would guess.

since any host and win xp vm is defenatly not working cause of this problem. might be kinda the same for xp host and any vm.

@devs

can u pls write a RLY BIG and SHINY message somewhere ppl might read it to install directX? ;)

im getting tired in telling it over and over again...