Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
TOSViolation

fast few easy qustions

i read this forum for a while and from what i understand you can pause bot anytime and make something with external code and resume. I learned programming by myself, made some bad decisions and now im stuck with c#/java/vb/autoit alike scripts only:) Pathfinding+monster location/targeting is like core of this bot - other things are bit sketchy right now so here goes my questions:

- can i pause bot(pathfinding+killing) by sending f12 execute external code and resume?

- can i turn off pickit (i mean all of it including uniques and orbs)

- can i get a flag when bot is about to relog?(to catch it pause ,port out and resume)

thx for info

1. yes u can. since sending a key input or pressing the f12 key isnt a difference in this case

2. no u cannot. the bot will always pick uniques and currency

3. not popssible atm as i know

I learned programming by myself, made some bad decisions and now im stuck with c#/java/vb/autoit alike scripts only:)

I'm just slightly confused on how you could be 'stuck' with a certain language. I have never used autoit and hate java but I don't see why you learning those languages could prevent you from learning any other language. (Most of those languages are 'RAD' (Rapid Application Development) and would be quite different from a language like 'C' or 'C++' however given enough effort you could easily make the transition. ) My personal path to learning to program started with drag-and-drop languages around the age of 8 or 9 years old. I then transitioned to C# at age 10 and a year or so later went to C++. Since then C++ and C have formed the core of my programming projects. I can truthfully say then that the transition from a RAD language to a non RAD language is not easy but is do-able. I would suggest trying C++ over C as it is a little bit closer to the languages that you know (It's probably closest to Java). If you want some resources for learning either language tho I could probably point you in the right direction.

Sincerely,

IX

P.S. ANY knowledge that you choose to learn has the possibility to benefit you. Thus it is NEVER a bad decision to learn ANYTHING.

P.S. ANY knowledge that you choose to learn has the possibility to benefit you. Thus it is NEVER a bad decision to learn ANYTHING.

^wise words

but as it seems ur preferring RAD over other languages. so my question:

why? ;)

didnt rly thought alot about this question xD but as it seems RAD languages became more important over the years since planning is the biggest part nowadays.

^wise words

but as it seems ur preferring RAD over other languages. so my question:

why? ;)

didnt rly thought alot about this question xD but as it seems RAD languages became more important over the years since planning is the biggest part nowadays.

I actually prefer non-RAD languages (C, C++, etc) but they each have there uses and are good for different circumstances. The reason RAD languages (Java, C#, VB, etc) are more popular now is due to the development speed. For example, if you are coding a large software project in C++ it might take 6 or more months of development. In Java you might finish it in 2 months and C# maybe a month. (Times are just estimates but are based off of information I gained from talking to people who have programmed professionally with all 3 languages. ) The sacrifice of using the RAD languages is they usually run slightly less efficiently. (This is partially due to the languages themselves as well as the practices they encourage. ) It saddens me that developers no longer have to make there code streamlined as possible but its inevitable I suppose... The reasoning behind it is an economic one. With computers that now have 4, 8 or more cores and several GHz of processing speed it isn't worth spending days to reduce a single processor cycle from the program. Also thank you for the complement, That is one of my favorite things to say and I have attempted to model my life around that idea. :)

hey,

thx for ur thoughts.

alrdy guessed that when i was thinking a bit on myself ;)

also i think in alot of projects its just not possible to code every single line statement by statment.

the reason that code isnt super efficient anymore doesnt have economic reasons only i think. since in most cases its not rly needed.

if ur not doing some ugly algorithms speed doesnt matter in alot of cases.

just my thoughts. so u got something to read aswell ;P

Hmm...

But 'ugly' algorithms are so much fun to write. Also when done correctly they aren't ugly but beautiful, truly beautiful. (At times I print out beautiful code and hang it on my walls as posters, it truly is inspiring to look at masterfully written code. ) Maybe I am just a complete nerd but well written code is NEVER ugly... If you want to see ugly look at modern code where people are sloppy and rarely make it as efficient as possible... Just my thoughts... (Has this gone to far off topic where we should move the discussion to a different forum. )

wasnt rly meaning ugly algorithms. more like complex ones ;)

was just too lazy to get the correct english word ;P

btw. i totally agree with u. ugly codeing style just sux in any way.

but thats what most ppl do nowadays ;/