Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Daenon

PSA: .25 bug probably got me banned

There was a bug since 0.25RC where Alt key would get stuck. Bot would go to sell to vendor, Ctrl-Alt linking each item while trying to sell. Close vendor, and try to sell over and over and over since it was linking instead of selling.  I've never botted over 12 hours a day, and only a couple hours a day the last few weeks or so because the bot would constantly get stuck in various loops or crash from various bugs. No friends or anything. Only thing I can think that could've tipped me off was the linking items endlessly probably makes a unique contact with PoE servers. They see the items being pulled from server for links a billion times and flag account. It only happened twice in a 24 hour period. Once with 0.25RC, and it was linking the items for a very long time.  Second time was me trying to see if it was fixed with 0.25, only went on for a minute.  Next day I was banned.

Mainly I just want to warn people.  If your bot is stuck on vendor loop linking items to chat (even though it doesn't actually send to chat), I recommend to stop botting immediately until the bug is fixed or you know how to fix it. Never happened before .25RC, so I'm not sure if it was the new looting system or some other change in 0.25.

Of course, it could've just been coincidence, but the ban timing was too perfect for me to believe that. This has completely discouraged me from using the bot anymore. Since hideouts the bot can't run for more than an hour without a bug getting bot stuck in a loop or crashing. Risks outweigh the benefits.

Good luck!

well first off the problem is is one of your health pots is trying to proc in hideout while holding shift while selling this is usually due to haveing your auras all on and your mana pot % on use not low egnough i run all 3 heralds and hatred i had to put my mana pot on 2% to proc and it fixed the vendor loop just

Edited by barsland

actually ur probably wrong on that one, i'm guessing your using a vm, and vmware requires ctr+alt to unhook your mouse probably did that and the vm got stuck with ctr+alt held down.

Not sure what that has to do with the linking items in vendor window. Or are you just talking about one of the other loops?

My best guess (when looking at logs and checking out the map inside portal) is that while trying to loot items and being stuck indefinitely with the alt key held searching through items bot will chicken due to no monster killing timeout or sitting on corrupted/burning ground. Alt key remains pressed and it relogs, tries to sell.

well i was haveing this linking problem only in hideout what i noticed is if i alt tabbed out and back in it woudl show it spamming my 5 key so i lowered my mana pot % to use down to 2% since im running 4 auras and then it stopped with the linking in the hideout npcs

If bug started to happen since 0.25 it may be due to the change of the VK_KEY used to send alt key. 

Before bot used VK_MENU and now it uses VK_LMENU. No idea how this could make this bug happen but I don't see anything else. Maybe we should give a try with VK_RMENU or VK_MENU again..