Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Spaceguy911

Died but no death notification?

Hey, so I know it's ill-advised to run a bot on a HC league, but I'm aware of the risks etc etc.

Anyway, I had an end-game bot running Beyond Cats Merci.  I woke up this morning and it was in standard  :cry:  oh well.

But the odd thing is, the EB client said something like (I shut the comp down this morning to go to work), 120 runs, 6 chickens, 0 deaths.  I looked at it a bunch of times, it said 0 deaths.  I typed /deaths on my now-standard char, and it did say "died 1 time".  

I'm just confused though... I pulled lastrun.log, not sure if it would say die or death in there, but I did Ctrl+F for both key words with no results.

This build I made definitely shouldnt have died, I had instant pots on 89% life and chicken on like 48%...  the fact that it died is fine, I used to bot a lot in D2 HC, but I'm just confused as to how he died.

Anyone else ever experience this?  Would love to know what killed him or mine some information somehow.

Edited by Spaceguy911

yea unfortunately the delay counts as a chicken and not a death so it gets a bit strange sometimes, if you run hc and all which i do too, it is highly recommended to run a second chicken script on the side.

Oh fml.  So all of this might have been preventable if I ran like that popular pot/chicken program for example?

On the same topic, I've been so paranoid about getting IP banned, I tried VM (spent like 3 hours setitng it up) and it worked, but it was just too choppy for my computer, I couldn't do it.  I'm not into getting that fancy anyway TBH.  I will only run the bot when I'm not using the comp (sleep & work).  Is there an easy guide out there to just set up a simple VPN and then to test and make sure I'm running off a different IP?

To summarize, I'm looking for a reference on:

1. this chicken script you speak of
  2. a noobie's vpn guide

Thanks, maybe I'll go back to botting in HC if I can get these two things :)

how many bots ur planning to run?

I could do more I suppose, but I only have one key for now.  I probably wont be able to run more than 1 bot until get this VM figured out so that it's not choppy.  I put it on 1 core 2 processor, or whatever it recommended core/processor or processor/core.

yea there's a few paid vpn's on the internet and some free ones, both is risky in a way since you have no idea who has used them before.

Oh fml.  So all of this might have been preventable if I ran like that popular pot/chicken program for example?

On the same topic, I've been so paranoid about getting IP banned, I tried VM (spent like 3 hours setitng it up) and it worked, but it was just too choppy for my computer, I couldn't do it.  I'm not into getting that fancy anyway TBH.  I will only run the bot when I'm not using the comp (sleep & work).  Is there an easy guide out there to just set up a simple VPN and then to test and make sure I'm running off a different IP?

To summarize, I'm looking for a reference on:

1. this chicken script you speak of

> Basically, use multiscript and it has a chicken script. it is somewhere in the bot section so feel free to look.

1. a noobie's vpn guide

> VPN normally if public gets you banned. not a vpn user here but I'm knowledgable as well to that kind of stuff.

Thanks, maybe I'll go back to botting in HC if I can get these two things :)

vpn wise natually any popular ones are asking for trouble, why you ask? simple reason of, if you were them the first place you would flag is any connections through the most popular ones.