Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
kromatik

Auto-follow script help (multiboxin' style)

Cheers community!

Today I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about my long gone multiboxing era with PoE, since current solutions for this purposes are ultra-easily detectable (injection software), I don't even think on an approach like this to fulfill my needs anymore  :)

Instead, I'm thinking on an auto-follow script with today's 'Exiled-Bot like' tech, following a specific 'main' character (controlled by me), being absolutely awesome if the bot could actually attack monsters as EB does too.

So, I'm not sure if anything like this actually exists from the scripting side; currently, I can party with the bots, and they move more or less in the same direction, but I have to follow them. It could be actually useful if the bot would have the possibility of following a specific player when on 'movement mode'

I'm not posting this into EB's feature request section because it's basically something I personally want, but probably not many guys need in the botting community, however, if some people share my feelings, we could kick off a more formal request (probably low priority, I know) and maybe one day... :)

Anyway, does any of you guys know if something for this purpose already exist? Or can help me out putting something together to accomplish this meanwhile?

Side note: I always loved the idea of playing 'as a party' in PoE, theorycrafting at a higher level of complexity (sinergies between party members, auras, different kinds of elemental damage, and a long etc.) -- blame on Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights!! :)

Have a good one! -k

Edited by kromatik
  • Upvote 1

This sounds really cool. You bring up a good point about party synergies. I'd like to try making this, unfortunately I have no idea how to program with this bot. If there is an API or some sort of documentation about interfacing with the bot, I'd like to see it.

This would be a great idea, I have been thinking about this too, if you can have the bot follow a certain party member you can also run a bot party which will significantly increase your drops! Imagine setting up the bot so you have a tanky char charging forward with some high dps chars, an aurarunner, necromancer to add survivability to the team and a high IIR/IIQ Culler that only attacks specials lol. Would be nice.

Cheers community!

Today I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about my long gone multiboxing era with PoE, since current solutions for this purposes are ultra-easily detectable (injection software), I don't even think on an approach like this to fulfill my needs anymore  :)

Instead, I'm thinking on an auto-follow script with today's 'Exiled-Bot like' tech, following a specific 'main' character (controlled by me), being absolutely awesome if the bot could actually attack monsters as EB does too.

So, I'm not sure if anything like this actually exists from the scripting side; currently, I can party with the bots, and they move more or less in the same direction, but I have to follow them. It could be actually useful if the bot would have the possibility of following a specific player when on 'movement mode'

I'm not posting this into EB's feature request section because it's basically something I personally want, but probably not many guys need in the botting community, however, if some people share my feelings, we could kick off a more formal request (probably low priority, I know) and maybe one day... :)

Anyway, does any of you guys know if something for this purpose already exist? Or can help me out putting something together to accomplish this meanwhile?

Side note: I always loved the idea of playing 'as a party' in PoE, theorycrafting at a higher level of complexity (sinergies between party members, auras, different kinds of elemental damage, and a long etc.) -- blame on Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights!! :)

Have a good one! -k

look this website http://www.follow4follow.me 

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=862288

I stumbles on this, thinking the same idea. would be nice to implement in to the bot tis self.  would love to have a "Mule" or have the bot follow my hand played toon

Thanks for your suggestion! Have you tried it out? It would be certainly awesome to have something like this on EB.

Cheers!