Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
enlitenkrokodil

A change in looting behaviour

1) I notice that if the bot doesn't find an item, it just loops trying to do the very same thing again. I would suggest adding a pickup_try_offset_x variable as well, since if an item is not found the first two times the chance that it is going to find it the third time is very slim. Also having the bot ignore the item after a certain amount of times. 

2) If the bot is looking for a specific item to loot and hoover over another item that is going to be looted later, it should pick that item up. Very often when there are many drops, the bot will take a lot of time finding all the drops. 

Hey dude, thank you for the suggestions.

I agree that looting system needs to be reworked, as time and eventually drop may be loss in the process.

If anybody has some good suggestion to make it perfect or way better feel free.

I'll try to find some solutions by my side.

1) I notice that if the bot doesn't find an item, it just loops trying to do the very same thing again. I would suggest adding a pickup_try_offset_x variable as well, since if an item is not found the first two times the chance that it is going to find it the third time is very slim. Also having the bot ignore the item after a certain amount of times. 

2) If the bot is looking for a specific item to loot and hoover over another item that is going to be looted later, it should pick that item up. Very often when there are many drops, the bot will take a lot of time finding all the drops. 

I agree with the pickup offset variable thingie but ... but... ignore it after certain amount of times will kill my poor heart if its an exalted on the ground.   :P

I've gotten the feeling before... saw exalted on last items... but it ain't in my stash.    :(

[i might have chickened out or something... i'm not sure]

I totally agree with 2)  !

Oh! How about a priority list?

If we can set things like currency (high level currency like exalted, gcp, etc...) & uniques into priority one (ie. always try) and others into non-priority (ie. give up after 3 tries) will that be ok?

Edited by klick

Oh! How about a priority list?

If we can set things like currency (high level currency like exalted, gcp, etc...) & uniques into priority one (ie. always try) and others into non-priority (ie. give up after 3 tries) will that be ok?

I've thought of that as well, was mostly thinking about it from another angle though: If a wisdom scroll, portal scroll, armourer's scrap, blacksmith's whetstone or any of the useless orbs  can't be picked up at the very first try, then I would want them ignored. 

How about something like, create an array of the drops, then check when mouse is over an item, if the name exists in the array. If true, pick up, remove current index from array, break loop and continue when looking for the next item. If false, simply keep searching.

It should be fairly quick, since most of the time you won't get more than 1-2 drops every 10-15 seconds or so. Sometimes you can get like 20 drops from a strongbox, but it should still be fairly fast to loop through.

Not sure how the whole thing works in the bot as of now, but hey, it's an idea.

And I have an idea how to fix it.

1) Decide if there is a good item on floor (unique, exalt, chaos, high lvl map ..)

2a) If there is not - go away

2b) If there is - go to "Ultimate Beast Picking Mode" (UBPM)

UBPM is to mouse over this dots:

3DGgosd.jpg

• Upvote 1

You have to be a designer :P

Those illustrations <3

But to be honest, i don't think the pick-up mechanism is that easy to fix.

There are a lot of things that the bot must be registering and storing. It's kinda hard to think up a better way of doing things when you don't have the code xD

There is though, a simple explanation as to why you see the bot clicking way beside where things have dropped: desync.

If your character is desynced, shit hits the fan. Always.

I've been trolled, a LOT both by desync and by "getting stuck in stuff" when using leapslam. I've missed several exalts, a Kaom's Heart and what not.

So having a script that fixes certain things for you, is pretty handy!

I've noticed when it starts searching for something it'll start in the right vertical plane but the label can then suddenly jump to the outer edge of a big stack like kokosoida's example (presumably a desync thing as Ze says) but it keeps searching on it's original line. Can happen too when there's a big stack near a wall. Also if there's a massive stack down labels can be vertically on the outside of the try_range*offset in pickit.ini so it won't go far enough it in it's cycle. The more points you have to search the longer it'll take = less currency per unit time.

Is it not possible to read the item's label window coordinates from memory, they must be there surely? Then just click there - no searching no misses - way way faster and more reliable!

Edited by bonebox

I've noticed when it starts searching for something it'll start in the right vertical plane but the label can then suddenly jump to the outer edge of a big stack like kokosoida's example (presumably a desync thing as Ze says) but it keeps searching on it's original line. Can happen too when there's a big stack near a wall. Also if there's a massive stack down labels can be vertically on the outside of the try_range*offset in pickit.ini so it won't go far enough it in it's cycle. The more points you have to search the longer it'll take = less currency per unit time.

Is it not possible to read the item's label window coordinates from memory, they must be there surely? Then just click there - no searching no misses - way way faster and more reliable!

I also believe there should be a way to read item labels directly from memory, should at least be done for currency/rares/uniques, I'm pretty sure it's doable, actually I know it's doable but I won't mention other stuff here. Looting is such a drag in maps atm especially when there's loads of loot on the ground, I think reading from memory is the way to go, even if it takes some time to implement it is totally worth it.

100% agree with all I'm reading here, still need to make some algo and testing but I think we can make a good solution from that stuff.

Working on boss farming atm but that will be the next high priority task for bot dev.