Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
bonebox

Windows themes and coord misclicks

If you're running the Windows Classic (non Aero) theme, you need to change the window title bar depth and border width. Right click on desktop go to personalize click on window color and change Item to "Active Title Bar" then it's size to 22 and it's font to Segoe UI 9 pt. Then change Item to "Active Window Border" then it's size to 5. The defaults of 21 and 1 that you get when you choose the "Windows 7" aero theme are fine as this is what Alk's used when he's set coords, but the theme chosen makes a difference to how much padding you need.

Believe it or not this can make the difference between a hit/miss when clicking on things like the map device.

Of course you could always just switch to the "Windows 7" theme under aero so you're using the same as Alk uses for dev :) But I don't for minor system overhead reasons.

Edited by bonebox
  • Upvote 5

Creds to Alk really was him who said we should use default Aero theme last night was me that just didn't want to for performance reasons! Or rather couldn't as I've stripped all theme support out of my homecooked win 7 lite version like a dumbass so had to find a fix ;)

Edited by bonebox

http://www.howtogeek.com/130138/how-to-change-the-window-border-size-in-windows-8/

though you'll need to experiment to get the right values.

You could also try step 2 on here to run a Win7 Aero clone theme:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/make-windows-8-like-windows-7

but no idea if they've matched the theme exactly in terms of border and title sizes.

Alk: Can't we just have some coords in the ini file for the device open same as map placement and activate? Be a lot easier and will cover all bases  :)

Edited by bonebox

I found this in coordinates file, but doesnt seem to be active:

[map]
; Map Device
map_device_inventory_x=218
map_device_inventory_y=279
map_device_open_button_x=215
map_device_open_button_y=345

Instead i took
Installed this theme
and change border to "5" and padding to "5"

and it seems to work now :)
Edited by smellybadger

I found this in coordinates file, but doesnt seem to be active:

[map]
; Map Device
map_device_inventory_x=218
map_device_inventory_y=279
map_device_open_button_x=215
map_device_open_button_y=345

Yes those are the coords for where it places the map in the device and where the activate button is (open is a bit misleading)

Glad the theme switch worked thanks for sharing the required padding values :)

Okay so now I'm a premium member but still same problems. Act 3 after selling to Clarissa, Bot clicks the noticeboard instead of stash. If Bot sells to anyone else, bot doesn't click noticeboard.

I posted earlier before I donated but still no help. I was told to install Win7 Aero theme. So I partitioned harddrive, installed new Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. Using Aero theme still no luck. Same problem. Please help.

I've noticed every click when i was on windows 8 was a little down and to the left. But I thought that was because of Win8.1; same problem with Win7 Aero theme.