Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store

The purpose of my dynamic pickit is to create a more user friendly pickit which functions based on user input

Every Affix in POE has a iLvl requirement, and a known range of values. Based off these two facts, we can build a system which determines the quality of a drop based on how close to 'maximum affix value' of that drop. For the Example I will outline, we will consider an item with a single affix (for simplicity). Below are values for the `Life` affix

Prefix	       Level	 Base Maximum Life
Healthy 	1	10–19
Sanguine	11	20–29
Stalwart	18	30–39
Stout	        24      40–49
Robust	        30	50–59
Rotund	        36	60–69
Virile	        44	70–79
Athlete's	54	80–89
Fecund	        64	90–99
Vigorous	73	100–109

Now imagine that via the front-end of the application the user has defined that they are interested in finding an item of iLVL 44(perhaps because they are playing somewhere in cruel difficulty), but they already have excellent gear and only want items in the 90% percentile. The pickit algorithm will then check to see if there is a life roll. Let's say the drop we just got has 50 life. The algorithm determines that the maximum life roll for the defined iLvl is 79. 50/79 ~= 63%, and will discard the item.

Example GUI

[Drop-menu of affixes] [Max iLvl] [Min. Percentile]
[+ click to add affix]

Thus, a user could dynamically define their pickit. For example, the user could define that a 'good' item is any item that has at least "#" affixes in the "#th" percentile of their current level

Programming requirements:

index of affix values

GUI development

pickit implementation

Just an idea, let me know what you guys think :)

If I have understood you correctly, this feature is already implemented. In your pickit you are able to config (example "Life" on rare Boots):

[Category] == "Boots" && [Rarity] == "Rare" # [base_maximum_life] >= "98"

Please let me know if I missunderstood you...

immo, what OP is suggesting is different from what you quote. You say we can already specify what exactly we want.
OP say "let us specify only that we want anything to be this far from being perfect for my level", not writing what exactly we want.
I can certainly see how this can be useful.

Example pickit:

[Category] == "Boots" && [Rarity] == "Rare"  #  [MinPercentile] >= "98" // this will keep every rare boots that have almost perfect affixes out of what is available for item of this level.
This is spoiler. WYSIWIG editor help me please.
you may go further and introduce [itemLevelRequirementMaxBelowMyCharacterLevel] == "5" // author suggests it with his UI, but this may not be necessary
Edited by Dimps