Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
bonebox

Change attack from multiclick to click and hold to improve DPS

Default clicks per sec are 10. Lets say by way of simple illustration I do 100 dmg with a hit and have an attack time of 0.31 secs. My DPS should be 323 (rounded up).

So I hit, then;

0.1 secs click - skill not yet available

0.2 secs click - skill not yet available

0.3 secs click - skill not yet available

0.4 secs click - hit

repeat

So I'm actually hitting every 0.4 secs and my actual DPS will be 250 - a 22% reduction simply because of click syncing.

Obviously this is highly variable depending on your attack time and click settings, not to mention hardware timings. Your attack time could be 0.39 and not much loss, but the potentials always there, you will almost always lose something. You could have an attack time of 0.21 and get a 30% DPS loss.

One option is to fine tune your clicks per sec to provide the closest e.g. in the above case clicks per sec of 9, 6 or 3 would be closest @ 0.33 secs but that's still an 8% DPS loss, not bad but that's with manual tuning. Which is a pain as every time your attack time changes (items, passives etc) you'd need to recalculate closest fit.

All of this can be negated by using click hold instead of multiclick, it then attacks as soon as the skill is available - no DPS loss.

The one shotters out there need not apply..... ;)

• Upvote 3

Selfishly bumping this as I really want the extra DPS and really want to minimize my ai clicks per sec. If you've had a chance to look at this alk please include in the next release, or as ever happy to squeak my guinea pig arse off if you need a tester :)