Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
bonebox

Could GGG detect clicks per sec?

Just a thought, obviously non-injection is undetectable, but they could maybe test for how many mouse clicks per sec the game is receiving. Looks from the bot ini files that it defaults to 10, I for one couldn't maintain that rate when I was moving around without my hand locking up! Does it really need to be that high?

Just a thought, obviously non-injection is undetectable, but they could maybe test for how many mouse clicks per sec the game is receiving. Looks from the bot ini files that it defaults to 10, I for one couldn't maintain that rate when I was moving around without my hand locking up! Does it really need to be that high?

You're wrong on one front and correct on another. An external hack is not undetectable by any means.

But as for detecting clicks per second - sure, they could do something in the client which detects the number of clicks per second. They currently don't, but it's possible. What's more important to consider (and is probably what you meant anyway) is how many actions per second you make, as each action needs to be communicated back to the server. In this way, the server can judge your APM (Actions Per Minute).

Let's say an average player clicks between 1-3 times per second, which I think is pretty reasonable as an average. That means their APM will vary between 60-180, on average. Now a bot comes along that clicks 10 times per second. There are two problems with this - one is that the bot's APM will be 600, which suffice to say will stick out like a sore thumb on the server. On top of that, the bot's APM will consistently be 600 with little to no variance. That is highly unlikely of a human player.

Agreed, and yes that's another way of viewing it. Whether they track it server end who knows, probably not at the mo or we'd all be sore thumbs. I'd load it client end and get it to flag if over a certain value to offload the work but again they don't seem to have done this so far.

I think the per min value would only be that high though if it's consistently moving, anything else (town, opening chests, trying to pick up items etc) would drop it significantly. However if the bot is moving around a zone it has mostly cleared, then it will probably be just moving and will generate a high rate of clicks for an unusually sustained (30 secs - 1 min) period. That you could look for.

On the detection side I was referring to a non-injection hack that simulates human interaction (i.e. this one :x )  than any external, far as I can see the only way of detecting this one would be by checking external processes which would be an invasion of privacy I don't think they have the balls for.

My question really, given these things, is why is the default 10 and does it need to be? What would the bot miss doing or have probs with if it were only say 3-5?

Edited by bonebox

I'm not understanding you d11 on several fronts, what do you mean?

a) Can't imagine anyone generating 100 actions per sec

b) If you meant per min most players do that easily just movng around

c)  Have you heard of someone being kicked on this basis? I'm interested what are you basing this on? If you have some eveidence be really helpful...

I'm not understanding you d11 on several fronts, what do you mean?

a) Can't imagine anyone generating 100 actions per sec

b) If you meant per min most players do that easily just movng around

c)  Have you heard of someone being kicked on this basis? I'm interested what are you basing this on? If you have some eveidence be really helpful...

1) download this: http://www.murgee.com/auto-clicker/

2) set intervals to 10 ms

3) start, e.g. hold mouse cursor on an item

you see you will get kicked 

i tested it out btw and 25 ms seems to be safe.

so they must somehow save the count of actions you make, but i dont think that this is relevant to botting.

Hehe nice. Not sure I want to test it though! ;) Whether it's a count though not sure, that could just be server protection from it being hammered. When you say kicked what happened?

Hehe nice. Not sure I want to test it though! ;) Whether it's a count though not sure, that could just be server protection from it being hammered. When you say kicked what happened?

well you get logged out and a box appears (like the box when you are ip banned) and it says you got kicked cuz you performed too many actions.

i did that 2-3 times, i dont think its dangerous, just a server-side protection against spammers and i guess they dont log it etc.

Yeah makes sense. Well done for finding this out.

So question still out there to anyone who can say, why have the bot set at 10 clicks per sec? What problems could it cause by setting it to a more human say 3-5?

hmm not sure, but you can easily set it down to 3-5 manually and test it, i will set mine to 5 over night and see if i notice a change.

Yep been testing. At 5 I noticed a change in attacks. My attack time is ~ 1/4 sec so should be ok at 5 but it was noticabley less, perhaps out of sync with the clicking caused it. 6 worked well for me. Would be better if the bot held mouse key on attack rather than repeated clicks then wouldn't affect it. Far as I can think and see it's only attacking and movement that uses the rapid clicking and movement works fine with lower values.