Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
bonebox

Checkbox to use shift key when moving = Leap Slam round the zone

Simple request (I think/hope!). Checkbox in gui which when checked means out of town the shift key is pressed with every left click movement. Then can stick leap slam in left mouse click skill and fly round the zones   :)

Trying this manually as far as I can see it wouldn't involve any big mods to the bot movement programming, just an option to press the shift key with the movement click. It works perfectly well as an attack and my bot blasts around if there's any mobs (I've set a high skill range so soon as they're in view it leaps over to them) but soon as there's none it's back to trundling around.

Implementation might be "Use for movement" checkbox on skill 1.

Would need to stop using shift when in town and when picking up item drops.

Pros:

Very fast zone explore speed (2-3 times that of running)

Could also be used with other movement skills e.g. lightning warp (slow tho)

Not worry about movement mods or penalties from gear

Percentage of ranged attackers can eat your dust ;)

Jumps over things

Cons:

Can increase desynch

Might need some mana regen or extra flasks (mine uses 13 mana per cast with a cast time of 0.53 sec)

Maybe others I haven't thought of yet!

Ideally (speed wise) you'd put this in a 3L with faster attacks and reduced mana then set that as 1st skill. If using leap slam for attacks then also set that up in a second item with better supports (e.g. wouldn't use reduced mana but might use multistrike which you wouldn't want for movement plus others which would increase mana cost)

Edited by bonebox

Don't want to bug you on this alk as it's just been me asking for it but interested to know answers to a couple of questions when (if ever!) you have 5.

Figured the distance in pixel thing so no worries there (gurud sorted a ruler :) ) Tried the move_distance and it does change things slightly but that doesn't get round the main prob. Which is that the movement routine I guess is using the fact that in poe if you click the other side of an object that's blocking line of sight (column, doorway, weird pile of shite in docks) the game handles the walk around/targeting so you don't need to account for it. Am I right in that?

i.e. you've nothing in the code that handles line of sight except for maybe walls? Or is that just in the case of movement and you handle those other ingame objects blocking l.o.s when skill targeting?

It seems all other skills if you try to use them manually when l.o.s is blocked the game positions you to use them. But with leap slam (and maybe only leap slam unfortunately!) this doesn't happen, nothing does. Maybe I should hassle ggg to fix leap slam to get my bot working hehe

Update: noticed the raycast_width experimenting with that at the mo. And also found the shift click only works with leap slam and lightning warp, the other movement skills require a target.

Edited by bonebox