Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
bluechipps

Bot out of nowhere can't detect units (video/logs included) [SOLVED]

As of about 2-3 hours ago, the bot simply has forgotten how to detect enemy units and will walk right past them. I've tried setting it all up on my laptop, clean install of the bot, different zones, different skill setups, but from the logs it just looks like the bot does not even recognize they exist. Literally i was botting just fine, then about 30 minutes later after lunch game was still running but restarted the bot etc. and since then its been broken.

Short video showing the lastrun.log at the end. I have been watching shoutbox on the forums for any evidence that others are also having trouble but seems like it is just me.

Edited by Walt

Both are running as administrator. Also like I mentioned, from the time that i was botting without any issues to the time 30 minutes later when enemy detection stopped working, the game client was not restarted, aka same admin rights/access. Since then of course I have tried everything... power cycle all 3 physical machines that I have tested it on, tried other profiles, tried a completely fresh bot and made a profile from scratch, etc. As you can see in the lastrun.log file, everything works fine except it simply isn't aware of any hostile units anywhere in the game.

All the other memory pointers and resulting values are being accessed and used, its as if the pointer to the game objects struct has somehow moved without the client files having been modified by GGG or myself in the last few days.

Edited by bluechipps

So, a fresh version of v0.14f doesn't work on all three computers that you have?

(you said you had three right?)

I have had this issue when I did not have correct privilege rights set up. Right clicking -> Run as Admin fixed it for me.

It really looks like an offset issue to me. Do you have any antivirus like comodo installed?

Edited by Walt

Negative, im a CS major myself and systems administrator for a living at the moment. Also I do a fair amount of reversing/debugging for fun as well. While it wouldn't be the first time if it ended up being something embarrassingly simple, at this point I'm pretty confident that its not. If I had it working at least on one machine I could compare some stacks or Procmon logs and probably track down enough info to diagnose it. So that's what I'm trying to do now is just get it working somewhere. Will update with any progress.

Ok well the verdict is that it indeed was partially my fault lol. The reason I overlooked the issue at first was due to the order of my 'process of elimination'.  First I tried running it on multiple machines copied from the original. Then all the other random stuff like rebooting and trying other characters etc. Eventually I even slowly narrowed down the skill configs thinking it had to be something there causing it, literally changed all the settings in the bot to be identical to the default profile which still didn't work. Finally I realized that I hadn't actually created any new profiles, only modified current ones to mirror the default (since I was working backwards 1 skill/setting at a time). This solved the problem, creating a fresh profile.

After learning the source of the problem and comparing the 2 config folders there was only 1 difference between them. All the profiles I had been testing with lacked this variable

monster_max_attack_distance_value=0

So the part that isn't my fault is that first of all, it just all of a sudden broke without me doing anything other than maybe stopping and starting the bot a few times and relaunching. Also I went back and looked at older version folders which had the same configs for my character that I move to each new version... all the old configs did have this variable in them. So at some point today it was removed from my configs.

In conclusion I think instead of spending any more time trying to figure out why it happened, maybe just in your next release version if you could default this value to 0, or add a debug entry to the logfile when an expected variable can't be located in the config, that would definitely prevent any future problems. Of course if you're bored the best solution would be to append any missing variables to the ini so that potentially bugged users like me who go looking at the configs will be aware that they exist as options.

Also if you guys are busier these days and looking for any additional help, I'd enjoy redirecting my time towards the project instead. I specialize in efficiency and and updating old code but also write my own. Would be great to contribute to something I enjoy that isn't just for personal use or for my job :)

Thanks for the information about the variable, if anyone else runs into this problem I'll be able to assist them better. I'll keep this in mind.