Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
hamncheese

bot ver 0.14e bot closes poe client after chicken out

reporting bug after 6 days of observation

since the first day i tried exiledbot

the bot would appears to randomly closes poe client

i afk a bit and came back to find the client was allready closes without any error window

and i never had any error or black screen of death, playing poe has always been a smooth for me

after further observation it seems this happend everytime the bot chicken out 

and observing further im guessing this what happen :

the bot would chicken - press esc - click Exit To Login Screen - press esc- click Exit To Login Screen - press esc- click Exit To Login Screen

emulating this behaviour manually did close the poe client

how i came to this conclusion :

this only happen when the bot is inside a VM with a low Ram and Cpu , and the poe client would be slow to respond

when i tried the bot inside my real system it can run all night without closing the poe client, and when it DID chicken, the chicken would run smoothly, the bot would login again normally

i set the chicken to 70% hp

Bot inside VM : everytime it chicken would result in the closing of poe client

Bot inside real system : no problem so far

several solution ive tried :

turning off the chicken by setting it to 0

(i tried changing the setting using the GUI and editing the config.ini and always close and open a new bot to avoid the bot not loading the new settings)

this solution has failed because the when the bot dies it would still run the chicken script/command thus ends up in the closing of the poe client

adding more ram and cpu power to the VM

it works 70% of the time (2 days observation), after several hours the vm eventually fill the vm ram and would have the same slow response and when chicken happen at that point, it would close the poe client, so adding more ram/cpu ? since im planning to run multiple bot with the lowest machines posisble this is not ideal for me

what i think would be the ideal solution :

the chicken script/command should be :

chicken - press esc - click Exit To Login Screen - click Exit To Login Screen - click Exit To Login Screen - click Exit To Login Screen

or adding more sleep/time in between pressing esc

edit :

another ideal solution would be to have the option to really turn off chicken mode

Edited by hamncheese

Another solution ive tried :

using the AutoPoe script made by BlackSun

http://exiled-bot.net/community/index.php/topic/697-auto-poe/

this appears to be the best solution so far

Blacksun script would kick in if theres no poe client within xx time

but i still think the bot itself should be able to detect wether theres an active poe cient window or not

maybe for the future version i hope

Are you using any other script or app?

What specs you using in VM?

I recommend the following:

If you CPU i5/i7 or AMD 83xx series - 1CPU - 1Core

If you have lower - 1CPU - 2Cores

RAM - 700Mb or more

Virtual Memory - http://i.imgur.com/PbtoqA2.png

It must be something with you setup, since im multi-boting and that isn't happening to me.

Yep this has happened to me as well when I tried to give it less RAM and have it rely on the pagefile, it exits the game after it chickens, basically its a bit slower to respond to get to the login screen and then bot presses esc to exit game, please increase the delay or let us configure it or some other work around, because for the people wanting to run more VM's with less RAM and a larger page file, this is what happens. The game will run fine and so will the bot but chickening will close the game.

I didnt have this issue until ~19e.

Please take at look at this post, maybe that explains why this is happening for you.

Please take at look at this post, maybe that explains why this is happening for you.

No, current thread is more accurate.

Only happens in VMware

VMW 7 

i7 2.66 ghz

1cpu 2 core

1024mb

Still happens with 19j.

No alternative scripts used.

Edited by MPUop

Sign in to follow this