Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Shatayen

Theory for getting detected

Hi,

So my bots got banned a few days ago after i was running them the first time for about 18 hours in the night in my timezone.

Do you think its safer to bot when people in new zealand sleep? When you get flagged  someone will investigate you right? So perhaps the chance to get banned is lower if you arent online when they are.

Someone knows more about it?

GGG is not stupid. They have volunteers - moderators and operators in game. They probably can flag people for the Bot Team. That is why the most important is to bot in short bursts, socialize with other players on bot accounts (maybe guild?).

Excessive gameplay time is the first warning for them to check your account.

The second one I can think off it excessive zones creation - when your bot dies/relogs and create zones too fast or just does zones too fast, it creates much more parallel zones then normal player could.

Third one is the "socializing" pattern - average player will contact other players sometimes. Bot will probably contact with only one player or even none... This is an anomaly (because there are a lot of botters - so - a lot of persons with extremely low average players met) - and can be easily check.

This is based on my real-life studies (my thesis is about epidemics propagation in populations with various social patterns) and experience as bot-hunter.

• Upvote 1

GGG is not stupid. They have volunteers - moderators and operators in game. They probably can flag people for the Bot Team. That is why the most important is to bot in short bursts, socialize with other players on bot accounts (maybe guild?).

The second one I can think off it excessive zones creation - when your bot dies/relogs and create zones too fast or just does zones too fast, it creates much more parallel zones then normal player could.

Third one is the "socializing" pattern - average player will contact other players sometimes. Bot will probably contact with only one player or even none... This is an anomaly (because there are a lot of botters - so - a lot of persons with extremely low average players met) - and can be easily check.

This is based on my real-life studies (my thesis is about epidemics propagation in populations with various social patterns) and experience as bot-hunter.

I didnt say they are stupid and all of your answers are true but has nothing to do with my question.

Do you think its safer to bot when its night in new zealand? Other than like Blizzard, Grinding gear games is a small Studio and i think the bot Team works in new zealand at daytime. So if the "Bot Team" has a flagged Player they will look it up. If you are always offline on working hours in new zealand i think its more difficult to detect you?

i would say it would be safer but still no guarantee

also i dont think their macro detection is good enough to detect if we interact with other players since i suicide bot hard and have 1 account that has lastest 2 or 3 banwaves running strong 24/7 on mudflats normal, doesnt interact with anyone except when dumping to mule (ive concluded its luck since others have ran in same spot/time and been banned)

may i ask:

a low-lvl at mudflats normal? does this gain enough orbs or other low-lvl items with a good RMT-value?

actually i try to level up and gain experience, but for "newb botter" like me it would be a good start to let a few accounts stick at normal.

(and progress later if i feel save with the setup and the game)

Lol guys u think they need to be online for flag u .. i think they put a server system Exemple :

check every account get more than 12 hours / day gameplay

check every account do more than X reset zone in X time

(and they probably put more information)

So the system flag your account if ur inside the check setting then investigate in ur account...

why they should pass all there time to look at guys in town i think they dont focus on it but they do when he see you botting but 90% of the time i think they use a logiciel programed for it !

thats my theory

but i think its 100% more possible than GGG members pass all the time in game for look at bot dont think?

u can find orbs everywhere .but when ur lvl increase to much then the droprate is lower

i though about a well equipped char who does nothing else than running in areas and open chests and jars  ( the lvl would not increase because i kill no monster and have always the right lvl for max orb drops)

the only good points of botting in high lvl areas is the endgame rare and unique drop aswell as the reduced drop penalty

I'm with hat its all about luck..... I have sucided bot on a seperate IP, in a VM ONLY botting library not even fucking talked no trading, just when my bot inv fills every little space, I dump it all out in a random zone, have my main join on my main IP, bot leaves party and main picks up everything.

This is interesting to me.

I've been rather confused about how people are getting detected. I started botting on my main in very short bursts a while back with both Exiled-Bot and "that other bot" that people are constantly getting banned for. Eventually I stopped really caring about it so now I bot for very long amounts of time (ie, while at work, while asleep, while out, while afk - probably a good 18 hours a day). I've been doing this for like a month now and have yet to be banned or get currency flagged. So I'm betting there is a chance that they do take EVERY aspect of a human player into account, including socializing. I have loads of friends added and played this account manually for almost a year.

i also use my main acc for botting and trade sometimes my crappy orbs to chaos&exalt and sell some uniques in tradechat 

and maybe the fact that i bought some points will make me a lower priority to check if i am botting   :mrgreen:

I didnt say they are stupid and all of your answers are true but has nothing to do with my question.

Do you think its safer to bot when its night in new zealand? Other than like Blizzard, Grinding gear games is a small Studio and i think the bot Team works in new zealand at daytime. So if the "Bot Team" has a flagged Player they will look it up. If you are always offline on working hours in new zealand i think its more difficult to detect you?

I am sorry - I did not want to offend you. What I meant is that the volunteers can be world-wide.

From their perspective it is not important if you are online atm - there are always logs. Even without world-wide bot-hunters they can always (but - do they want to?) run through the logs connected to the suspected player. That is why it is so important to automate the flagging/banning process. Of course - there will be lots of false-positives, but after some time the detection process can evolve. The question is - do they have enough resources (time, man-power) to develop such an advance system? And another one - will they risk the game reputation and relations with players by testing their bot detection system.

This is interesting to me.

I've been rather confused about how people are getting detected. I started botting on my main in very short bursts a while back with both Exiled-Bot and "that other bot" that people are constantly getting banned for. Eventually I stopped really caring about it so now I bot for very long amounts of time (ie, while at work, while asleep, while out, while afk - probably a good 18 hours a day). I've been doing this for like a month now and have yet to be banned or get currency flagged. So I'm betting there is a chance that they do take EVERY aspect of a human player into account, including socializing. I have loads of friends added and played this account manually for almost a year.

It is possible that the bot-checking mechanics only apply to new accounts. Perhaps once an account is considered human for a certain period of time (say x number of levels, or play time) the server no longer checks that account. That wouldn't be an unreasonable assumption, and would explain your anomaly.

I also feel it's pretty unlikely that they check interaction with other players. Many people play this game completely as a single player experience, so that wouldn't exactly be a fair criteria for detecting a bot (though maybe it would help strengthen an indication when paired with other criteria.)

Edited by Maper