Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
apwkid

List of bugs (With possible solutions)

1. Sometimes (rarely about once every few days for me) the bot mis-clicks while identifying items. when this happens it picks up an item which gets stuck on the cursor and the bot cannot get the item off the cursor. It will keep trying to identify other items and get stuck in a logout - login - try to ID items - fail - logout - login - etc forever

Solution: 1. For account safety put in a limit on the number of logout/login cycles the bot is allowed to do over time. Make it user setable.

2. Create an optional audio alert to notify of a potential problem. This way if we are nearby we will at least be made aware there is a problem.

3. detect item on cursor

2. When leveling gems the bot will get stuck if one of the gems cant be leveled (due to not meeting requirements). It will keep left clicking on the gray gem level icon FOREVER

Solution: Put a time limit on gem leveling phase. This should be pretty easy to do and would at least stop the bot from completely stopping when it hits an unlevelable gem.

After this maybe you can detect if a gem level button is active or not before trying to click on it.

3. Bot running back and forth - pathing stuck

Solution: I actually resolved this bug partially myself. The bot usually gets stuck due to being unable to decide if it should go after an item or fight a mob on the other side or between two items and it just goes nuts back and forth because it cant decide which path is shorter. I have eliminated about 70% of these stuck errors by reducing safe range to 100 instead of 400 and setting Chest range to 400 instead of 600. Keep in mind that this means the bot needs to be tanky enough to wade through a mob of monsters picking up items without dying but it eliminates the need for the bot to path its way back to an item that it skipped because it was fighting a long chain of monster mobs.

Solution: You could probably fix all these bugs entirely by making the bot stick to its original pathing decision unless the original decision becomes impossible. The bot already exits pathing for combat so that isnt a concern.

Solution: Allow users to set a travel or movement skill. If the bot leap slams everywhere it wont be getting stuck on ledges, ramps, or mysteriously unbreakable pots blocking paths (happens in docks a lot)

4. Bot only deposits a few of his currency items into the stash leaving a gap in the second column of the stash. this creates an uneven amount of remaining space in the stash which causes the bot to get stuck in a loop trying to pick up a large item. This normally happens when the bot finds five 8 square items in a row (2-h weapons, tower shields, etc). The bot thinks it has enough space because it only counts how many squares are available. it doesn't detect where those squares are.

Solution: When the bot is using pickit there should be no problem statistically eliminating the possibility of the exact same item name dropping more than a few times in a row. Implement a check in the pickit so the bot can realize [Hey I've picked up greater than a dozen "rare" && "Karui Chopper". I'm probably trying to pick up the same item and failing at it therefore my inventory must be full. Lets go home.]

Solution: A method to check inventory space if its taking a long time to pick an item up should be pretty easy. The stash space for inventory has an exact constant location on the screen... hover the mouse over each square and generate a chart of occupied/not occupied based on if anything pops up when the cursor is hovering over it...

for (int x = 1, x <= 5, ++x){

for (int y = 1, y <= 12, ++y){

hover mouse on boxCoord x, y;

Store availability state in an array;

}

}

Analyze array to determine if there is enough room for that item we were stuck on.

If (not enough room){

Return to town

}

If (there is enough room){

Generate error log

try picking up item for z more seconds before skipping it and moving on

}

Yes. The values for the path stuck really helped. It actualy works. Tx alot! Appretiate the share as i know you might have taken some time playing with the numbers just to get it right. :)

The inventory pickup 1 is a great idea as well.  But if we put idle 30 seconds...and he tries to pickup for 30 secs fail --> teleport to town straight. Doesnt that settle the problem the same way?

it wont exit to town while it is trying to pick up an item or fight.

It will stick in the loop until it reaches max total map time at which point I assume it exits to town as i never get on in the morning to find it still stuck but i catch it doing this all the time when I actually watch it.

Actually this reminds me of another issue with invulnerable mobs.

if the mobs are positioned just right the bot can get stuck trying to kill invincible monsters until the map max time runs out. I don't see this much because I use heavy strike which moves monsters around eventually almost always getting to the source of their invulnerability but it is an issue nonetheless. Probably a bigger deal for some builds than others.

Sign in to follow this