Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
TadaceAce

Some outstanding issues

Pathing

Symptom: Running back and forth like a scrub.

Comments: Changes to the system.ini file can help greatly here but essentially needs to be tuned to the area you will be running. In the case of mapping, this isn't going to work as the area layouts are going to change drastically.

Solution: I'm going to attempt to offer a solution even though I've always had issues with pathing on my bots. The bot would do a check for change in map explored every 5 seconds. If change in map explored < 2-3 (needs testing), then the bot is likely stuck. This could be running back and forth like a scrub or stuck behind a barrel, crate, ledge, etc. If it is a stuck, have it automatically scale move_distance, ray_width, etc until the explored % starts increasing again. This is a very crude solution and I have full faith that you could likely come up with something better.

Dominus/Piety

Symptom: Bot leaves scepter upon killing Dominus first form. Bot attacks the not-spawned Dominus before his minions are killed.

Comments: I'm going to focus on Dominus because there really is no point in farming Piety over Dom. For the second point, users can workaround this issue by using a smart targeting skill such as arc, SRS, summons, flicker, etc. 

Solution: Upon reaching the top floor or scepter of god (this can be measured by the number of transitions), encountering an enemy resets the floor exploration % to 0%. This way, upon killing the first form, bot will proceed to explore the lower half of the scepter and encounter (a currently untargetable) second form. This resets the explore %, bot kills second from, explores top half again and leaves. It is worth noting with the sheer amount of rares that would drop from Dom, Dom runs would need to be programmed similar to maps where the bot does NOT create a new instance until all drops have been gathered.

Hideout Mapping

Symptom: When attempting to create a new map, bot enters a residual portal of old map and run around until entire map is explored or it times out.

Comments: This issue makes hideout mapping very very inefficient.

Solution: Treat the map device in the hideout similar to a pickit object on the ground. Force pathing to within ~700 distance, stop and search for the device before alt clicking.

Mirrored Items

Symptom: Bot attempting to modify mirrored item whether it be transing a map or chancing a gavel.

Comments: Completely disrupts botting and creates an infinite loop.

Solution: Any function that changes the rarity of an item, chancing, makemagic, makerare, etc, checks for the mirrored affix. 

Gem Leveling

According to my thread in the Elite forums, this is already being looked at. The script I posted (the second one that pauses the bot) works with 100% accuracy that I've seen over several days. Feel free to more elegantly integrate that into the bot.

Bot works pretty wall overall. Here are just some pretty key issues that can be looked at with the next releases.

Edited by TadaceAce

Hideout Mapping

Symptom: When attempting to create a new map, bot enters a residual portal of old map and run around until entire map is explored or it times out.

Comments: This issue makes hideout mapping very very inefficient.

Solution: Treat the map device in the hideout similar to a pickit object on the ground. Force pathing to within ~700 distance, stop and search for the device before alt clicking.

This can be easily fixed by every user and not only for mapping from hideout but for all accidently clicked portals!

You need to set you left Mousebutton to "walk only" (inGame) and activate the "press Shift while movement" option in the "Main settings" tab in Exiled Bot. This solution is basicly based on the internal PoE method which disabled you to use any areatransition while shift key is pressed down :o

If you've set up everything properly you are no longer able to accidently use any portals/areatransitions! It simply is technicaly disabled...

• Upvote 1

Very pertinent obserations, especially about back and forth.

I'm going to take some note and check the feasability of all the solutions proposed here.

Gem leveling has already been implemented in dev, I'm testing it right now.

About the Mirrored stuff I think we can fix it by ahk image search with immo.

Just to add something... does it make sense to use image search for looting?  Right now when the screen is covered by items, the bot can't always locate the right item. Instead, the mouse just circles around the item but never lands on it.

does it make sense to use image search for looting?

There are 2 major drawbacks when using imagesearch:

1. Imagesearch can quickly use alot of your system ressources. This increases exponential the bigger the area you are going to search for something specific gets.
  2. Image Search is dependent on the color setting of the searched system. Although this can be corrected to some extent by increasing the shades of variation but ncreasing the shades of variation may quickly results in incorrect findings.

These drawbacks limit the possibilities for Image Search in games greatly. Especially when you need to react quickly to the result of the imagesearch.

Using imagesearch will only be an advantage for a limited amount of tasks and also these taks need to be limited  :?

When is using imagesearch possible / when does it perform positiv?

• Image to search: A small image with as little as possible colorvariations
  • Area to search in: As small as possible

With all this uninteresting facts being said, Imagesearch should always be the last option to get the result you need. So, looting via image search is no option at all!

...Ofcurse, the way we did the already implemented imagesearch, should perform good for the very vast majority!

With all this uninteresting facts being said, Imagesearch should always be the last option to get the result you need. So, looting via image search is no option at all!

I wrote a pickit using imagesearch a long time ago, It wasn't great. On top of being resource intensive it wasn't very accurate. The drops are semi translucent and they distort when you move in game. 

wasnt that exactly what i said? ;) Or did i missunderstood you?

anyways, even if you deal with the translucent and the distortion (GDI+ should be able to deal at least with translucence) you will get false/positive results over and over...

as there are working maphacks out there, isnt it possible to let the bot calculate a route as it enters an area?

if not so, how about the good old "follow left wall", but avoiding areas already explored?

Edited by ickehier

This can be easily fixed by every user and not only for mapping from hideout but for all accidently clicked portals!

You need to set you left Mousebutton to "walk only" (inGame) and activate the "press Shift while movement" option in the "Main settings" tab in Exiled Bot. This solution is basicly based on the internal PoE method which disabled you to use any areatransition while shift key is pressed down :o

If you've set up everything properly you are no longer able to accidently use any portals/areatransitions! It simply is technicaly disabled...

I tried using shift while moving

Instantly I found an issue. I had a full stash and tried to go from eternal lab -> town. At the waypoint, it was stuck trying to shift+left click. 

[...] At the waypoint, it was stuck trying to shift+left click. 

I don't have this problem, but bot gets stuck on clicking vaal vessels (the thingy that drops Sac pieces)

Sign in to follow this