Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
alkpone

Back and Forth Issue Poll

Back and Forth  

107 members have voted

1. 1. When you are experiencing back and forth loop.

• It's most of the time between two monsters
    • It's most of the time between two items
    • It's most of the time between two chests
    • It's most of the time between two different entities (ie a monster and a chest)
    • It's most of the time between a position to explore and a mob
    • It's most of the time while trying to explore the map (ie around corner or stairs..)
    • What's back and forth loop ??

another idea is to have some sort of timer

- bot is moving from point A to point B

- if bot cannot reach point B or C in 30 sec

- relog

this would also help with bot stuck on corner of stairs, altho the default 60 sec of idle kicks in on this bug

and i think timer such as this need to be implemented into all the bot behaviour

for instance my bot got stuck today for 9 hours in town trying to click waypoint

its a new bug but i dont think its related to Exiledbot

when i take over manually clicking waypoint in town does not bring up the map selection

i had to restart poe

IF the bot has a failsafe timer on map selection and can Restart POE bot would not stuck for 9 hours

in my opinion all the Infinite Loop Bug is because the bot routine does not have any failsafe

for example the old and allready dead bug : Stuck on trying to Break Vase

the solution was adding a timer, which i think the timer shouldve been there in the first place

Edited by hamncheese

It could be that there are multiple threads running, and each action takes place in a different thread, in which case you're better off with locks (or just program them in the same thread). Since there's no way another action can override the previous action on a single thread, since it will complete the task first before going to the next prioritized action.

All bot's logic is runned in only one thread. Other threads are for log, GUI, user input...

another idea is to have some sort of timer

- bot is moving from point A to point B

- if bot cannot reach point B or C in 30 sec

- relog

this would also help with bot stuck on corner of stairs, altho the default 60 sec of idle kicks in on this bug

and i think timer such as this need to be implemented into all the bot behaviour

for instance my bot got stuck today for 9 hours in town trying to click waypoint

its a new bug but i dont think its related to Exiledbot

when i take over manually clicking waypoint in town does not bring up the map selection

i had to restart poe

IF the bot has a failsafe timer on map selection and can Restart POE bot would not stuck for 9 hours

in my opinion all the Infinite Loop Bug is because the bot routine does not have any failsafe

for example the old and allready dead bug : Stuck on trying to Break Vase

the solution was adding a timer, which i think the timer shouldve been there in the first place

I already though about using a timer, the only issue is that the bot do take decision all the time depending of what's happening around him.

I mean, it's not like you thinking "Ok I'll open THAT chest and ignore everything around", the bot is constantly taking new decisions like "Let's click one time in the direction of this chest" then if a monster is close "Let's click one time in the direction of the monster", if the monster is at range "Let's use skill on closest monster". So it's very difficult to control its behaviour in a macro way.

"Macro thinking" and "overall estimations" may be the biggest difference between human and machine when talking about intelligence.

However I think I found a solution for back and forth between two entities \o/

I'll explain more when it will be implemented, tested and working :P

About the back and forth while exploring only around map corner etc, we are working on it as well but it needs some strong reverse engineering to get Z value of any X,Y pair from the map.

All bot's logic is runned in only one thread. Other threads are for log, GUI, user input...

I already though about using a timer, the only issue is that the bot do take decision all the time depending of what's happening around him.

I mean, it's not like you thinking "Ok I'll open THAT chest and ignore everything around", the bot is constantly taking new decisions like "Let's click one time in the direction of this chest" then if a monster is close "Let's click one time in the direction of the monster", if the monster is at range "Let's use skill on closest monster". So it's very difficult to control its behaviour in a macro way.

"Macro thinking" and "overall estimations" may be the biggest difference between human and machine when talking about intelligence.

hooray !! :D

Here's a typical example of bot getting stuck due to map topology, at least in my experience so far:

nXt62tgl.jpg

he will just run from left to right around this corner.

Edited by MrljaC

About the back and forth while exploring only around map corner etc, we are working on it as well but it needs some strong reverse engineering to get Z value of any X,Y pair from the map.

Then you'd need to do some real-time debugging...

i hope this info helps, 

ive noticed when the back n forth bug starts to happen, if u just pause the bot and then click start bot, it will automatically fix itself.

i hope this info helps, 

ive noticed when the back n forth bug starts to happen, if u just pause the bot and then click start bot, it will automatically fix itself.

Not for me.

Remembered this old thread that's still obvisouly relevant! Been watching bot a lot recently with all the levelling for new leagues and noticed it's definitely between 2 *anythings*. Could be a chest and a mob, 2 mobs, 2 chests, mob and an item to pickup etc etc so none of the poll options. It could be just about anything. So must be something in the core of the pathfinding routine where it's deciding priority. And it's a threshold thing. If it's stuck in the loop (placing greater importance on the object further away and going back then reversing etc), if at that point I leap slam over one of the points where it turns, more often than not it will happily go on it's way.

Just caught it doing it again and had one of my "if you can't find the source then plug the hole" thoughts - could you not put a trace on it doing it (it'll be looping coords could track the last 20 say) and if it is then ignore one of the things it's trying to do for say 10 secs, like the thing it's currently trying to do! So it goes off and does the other thing and gets on with it?

Ya, i have the same problem, the bot gets stuck in the middle of a room between 2 doors, when i press F12 and and then F12 again, the bot now finds the way

Weird :/

[EDIT]

It happened again in the library and now pressing F12 didnt work, had to restart the bot for it walk out of the back and forth

i hope this info helps, 

Edited by saekson

Most of the time the loop occurs when there is an item / monster / chest on the other side of a ledge / wall. Extremely prevalent in Act 2  the vaal ruins where it is only exploring and doesnt know to use the stairs.

Edited by MPUop

Sign in to follow this