Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Pannocy

VM error need help

Hey. I have a problem when I start a bot with a Virtual Machine pops up error. I installed all the drivers and nothing helps. I have 8gb ram on the VM.post-26584-0-66701000-1491678775_thumb.j 

I tested 4x VM, virtualbox, microsoft azure etc and always have the same error.

I've installed DirectX 9 and 10 and the error still occurs. I'm attaching my system settings, if it's any help.

I have no idea how to check if my version of DirectX isn't corrupt, but I thought that reinstalling it would fix the problem. Unfortunately it didn't.

post-26584-0-23087500-1491692282_thumb.j

Edited by Pannocy

I've installed DirectX 9 and 10 and the error still occurs. I'm attaching my system settings, if it's any help.

I have no idea how to check if my version of DirectX isn't corrupt, but I thought that reinstalling it would fix the problem. Unfortunately it didn't.

I'm assuming no issues on your host os when starting POE?

I found when I was messing with Hyper-v that if I tried to install or fix directx I always encountered issues.  I ended up just re-installing the guest os and made sure I used the direct link from microsoft for the latest version when I install it first time.

My setup is Win 10 host > VMWare 12.5 > Win 7 ThinPc

I had the exact same problem. Are you running the VmWare player?

I started with vm's yesterday after finding this post.

For those interested:

1 - I am running a VMware workstation 12 player (non-commercial use only), with a windows 8 x64 guest (downloaded iso tool from microsoft to create a install iso)

2  - downloaded PoE (inside the guest vm), installed it, had same issue.

Eventually I solved it (did several things but I'm pretty sure this did the trick):

3 - Install the VmWare Tools, see picture. (this installs proper virtual machine - 'grafics drivers' or something which I guess is the issue here) 

Vmware-tools Installation was a bit confusing so pay attention as it gives some pop ups inside the vm window - or end up like me and restarting the installation several times and end up feeling stupid.

I did try to (re-)install the Directx9, but that's not encouraged or something (only in special cases like old games...)

But can be done by downloading the "sdk directx libraries" from microsoft - again I can't remember this solving it. 

Capture.gif

my 2 cents, good luck

Capture.bmp

Sign in to follow this